Codes P06DD & P0513

srosario

ok so for a million reasons havent check my oil in 3 weeks,
two codes came up last night, check the oil and it was down 2.5 quart. no low oil light. i have cleared the codes and they still on.
any help

Moochie

ok so for a million reasons havent check my oil in 3 weeks,
two codes came up last night, check the oil and it was down 2.5 quart. no low oil light. i have cleared the codes and they still on.
any help

There is no such thing as a low oil light. A light will come on when you have 0 oil pressure. It's usually to late by the time this happens, damage has been done.

srosario

Codes P06DD & P0513

ok, do u have any idea what those codes are.
online : DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK LOW
INVALID SKIM KEY

Last edited:

Moochie

ok, do u have any idea what those codes are.
online : DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK LOW
INVALID SKIM KEY

I'm not sure. Probably oil pressure problems related to low oil level. By now you must have topped off your oil level. Could be oil pump issues.

piefra

I just had these codes on my 2015 jk with only 28000 miles on it.
The dealership tried replacing the oil, oil filter and oil pressure sensor but the code came back. Finally they replaced the oil pump and I haven't seen the code since.

srosario

Codes P06DD & P0513

damn that sucks. im out of warranty,
im thinking the pump messed up seens it was low on oil

edit: update
no more lights, i use the vechicle about 6 times after i topped it off, i guess it reset.

Last edited:

Kilroy

Codes P06DD & P0513

I've heard a few guy on here say to use Dino oil instead of synthetic and that helps. Not sure if that was on a 3.8 or 3.6.

Moochie

I've heard a few guy on here say to use Dino oil instead of synthetic and that helps. Not sure if that was on a 3.8 or 3.6.

Mainly because nobody likes to spend the extra cost for synthetic while it's disappearing as fast as you pour it in.

Kilroy

Codes P06DD & P0513

Mainly because nobody likes to spend the extra cost for synthetic while it's disappearing as fast as you pour it in.

Ah ok just could not remember. Figured someone would chime in, mine at 25k just started using oil 2 quarts every oil change.

WJCO

Meme King
Thicker oil can help alleviate clearance problems, however with a more viscous oil than recommended, it can delay the oil getting to the top of the engine on startup causing premature valve train wear.

Top Bottom