The Mystery Machine

SainT-314

I normally dont post stuff, but I have to say, finally seeing these tires on my Jeep has me excited.
So I guess I am starting a build thread! :clap2:

I went with 37*13.50 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's, and after an intial test run, and lots of massaging of the pinch seam, this build is finally starting to take shape.

The shocks are Rancho RS5331 and 5330, and the springs are 2.5in lift springs from Rough Country. I also have JKS Quicker Disconnects.

Up front is a G2 Core 44 with 35 spline chromoly axleshafts and an Auburn ECTED (locker or strong limited slip, it works for me so far) The rear is the stock, non-Rubi Dana 44. Both are 4.88 gears from G2 gear and axle.

I run the Superchips 87 tune. The front bumper is made by Rock Hard 4x4 with a Warn VR10000 and 2 KC Hi-lites, the rear is a Bestop Highrock. The Jeep also has a Uniden 510 CB.

This week I'm getting extended bumstops for the rear from Teraflex, as well as installing a 1.25in Rough Country body lift.

The Mystery Machine name was given to the Jeep because, when I bought it with 50k on it a year ago, it already had that girly orange cloud, and I honestly can think of a million things I would rather spend money and time on than removing it. (it is actual hand painted old school pinstriping) :cool:

New mod done this evening:

I didnt like having to use velcro to stow the swaybar when i disconnected, so I drilled and tapped two half inch holes and used some Grade 8 bolts with holes drilled through them to make some hangers. After checking with the steering at full lock and suspension fully flexed, they are always atleast 2 inches from the tire, so I think I am safe!

You can see where I messed up the first hole, so I re-positioned and drilled another one. Hopefully my frame doesn't crack, Im probably going to weld that hole up soon.

Newest mod, Rough Country Body Lift. I dont believe the gap is that bad, and the tires have plenty of clearance now.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/SainT-
314/Mobile%20Uploads/20160517_220346_zpsfezbdjea.jpg

Last edited:

SainT-314

Thats the best part, the guy didn't really bring up the obvious orange cloud on the side, and when I asked him about it, his response was "Yeah (long pause) heh..." I really wanted it so I didnt keep asking, but the stripe remains a mystery, thus, "The Mystery Machine"

JeepJeep75

Well, now you have to keep it on there. It's a good conversation piece at least. It looks cool in your avitar picture.

SainT-314

Im used to it, but my buddies all say it looks girly. Of course, I think their boring grey blobs they call cars look girly.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Rig looks good, even with the weird cloud thing. Kinda rad that it was hand painted rather than a sticker tho.

SainT-314

Finally got the body lift installed. Definitley helped the clearance on the 37s. I really need a step now. :D

The gap is kinda obvious in the rear, however the black makes it not look as bad.

And here is a shot of the front mount, to show how they look installed.

Top Bottom