Evo double d pro

Jk4lfe

Im debating on the double d pro 4" long arm kit or a rock krawler long arm kit... I like the fact that the evo is a "bolt on" and am curious how easy or hard it is to install as a bolt on... Please help me, out thank you.

Tree Frog

Well,
For what its worth I run the Double D pro.... , I installed it myself.
I have no knowledge of the RK setup, so can not help you there.

My choice was based on what I learned here on WAL and actually looking at the Evo long arms setup on another guys Jeep.
I can not imagine any better quality. The Johnny joint ends are far superior to anything else out there. Read up on them and decide for yourself.

Now as to your question about the "Bolt on" install. Sure it is called a bolt on kit. Ugh yeah right. :cheesy:
You will need to have a well stocked tool box, (should have that anyway) You will need to have 4 jackstands at least 34 inches high. I ended up using 10 jackstands at one point of various heights to hold all the stuff I needed to hold to do this safely.

You will be cutting and grinding a lot. You will have to drop both the front and rear axle sets, you will have to drop the fuel tank, jack up the body from the frame, on and on.

Like I have said before, if you think of working on your Jeep as fun, like a big model then you will enjoy it.

Go back and read my posts about this subject. Highly recommend you do that before you even start.
I will try my best to help you as will several other guys on here.

When you are done you will know your Jeep intimately. If you can get through it without cussing and bleeding then you are a better man than I. :doh:
Several times I wished I had just paid a shop to do it. Once you start you cant really stop and then take it in.
Wished you lived closer as I would love to watch and or help.

Good luck brother.

Jk4lfe

I watched one of eddies videos on here and watched them bolt everything on and not drop the gas tank but they did have it on a lift. I appreciate the response! Im strongly leaning towards it because I will be putting coil overs on later down the road, and I like that its adjustable in lift height. I have been doing all kinds of research and evo and rk are the two best out there from what I can find. But like I said Im probably going with evo just for the joints adjustability

Tree Frog

Just to be clear.
The Double D "Pro" is the Evo Long Arms and King Coil Overs.

The long arms provide no lift by themselves. Yes the coil overs are adjustable from about 3.750 to 5

The system that was installed on RubiCat was one of the earlier type and it used a rear bracket that was different than today's system.

It is much easier to weld the brackets on than to drill all those holes. Either way you will need to pull the fuel tank for access and safety. Also you have to cut out a section of the fuel tank skid in order to allow wrench clearance for the long arm frame side nut.

I wish I still had all the install instructions but the Russian cyber hackers got em all, or I would be glad to send them to you. Not that they help much. :idontknow:

Top Bottom