About to embark on my build - 37" KO2 with Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex Kit

hypractv

Alright, alright... I finally have enough cash squirreled away to build my 2014 JKUR 10th Anniversary the way I want. The issues is that just because it looks good on paper does not mean that it is going to work out in practice.

Looking at the following setup.

Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex Kit
AEV JK High Steer Kit
37" KO2 on 17" Fuel Beast Wheels

Seeing that the KO2's come in a but short in comparison to other 37" tires will there be enough clearance to retain the OEM fenders?

I found this old thread, however, there has not been any comments on it since March.

Thanks in advance!

I would just do a Drag link Flip kit and save some money until you know you need the Steering Damper .

Edit. Don't forget the c gussets.

Last edited:

croge17

It works just fine... Im running the same thing except currie steering. You will need a little more bumpstop but should work fine.

20160516_152628.jpg

deezus

What I'm running minus the drag flip. My concern is those tires.....I'm running Nitto TGs. Why are you going with the KOs?

DRTYRAT30

About to embark on my build - 37" KO2 with Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex Kit

Here are a set of Mastercrafts MXT's 37" (36.4") on a RK X-Factor 3.5" stock fenders and then went to aluminum Tube flats.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463460324.158502.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463460230.446101.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463460205.253070.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463460205.253070.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 275

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
On our last run we had a guy puncture his sidewall, he patched it and kept wheeling but still it happened on his BFGs

deadguy

On our last run we had a guy puncture his sidewall, he patched it and kept wheeling but still it happened on his BFGs

Yeh that was me. Can't complain about the bfgs. I have 70k+ on my km2s and they are still doing work. As for the side wall a rock took a aluminum chunk out of my wheel and stabbed it point first through it. It's actually still holding air

Pyro1415

Yeh that was me. Can't complain about the bfgs. I have 70k+ on my km2s and they are still doing work. As for the side wall a rock took a aluminum chunk out of my wheel and stabbed it point first through it. It's actually still holding air

I'd call that a win right there.

Ddays

Hooked
Looking at the following setup.

Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex Kit
AEV JK High Steer Kit
37" KO2 on 17" Fuel Beast Wheels

Does that RK kit push your rear axle back 1"? If so, DON'T get the kit with those rear extended lower control arms - order it with stock length.
The move back on the axle causes more problems than its worth. Not major problems, but still it does things you shouldn't have to fix
Or live with. Ask me how I know. Don't get me wrong, it's a quality kit, but that 1" is a pain in the ass to have to deal with.

DO pay the extra $$ for adjustable shocks. Pick your brand. I have the Fox but the Rancho's are fine as well. Kings are the best but more $.
Having the adjustable shocks lets you play with those settings and the tire pressures to dial in your ride.

Some don't like the ride of the RK coils but I don't have anything to compare them to except my old RE coils which rode like a goddam dump truck.
I recently drove 18 hours straight in this Jeep and honestly wasn't fatigued from them. Still, I'd love to drive a Jeep with the Plush ride springs for a comparison.

Good luck!

DRTYRAT30

Does that RK kit push your rear axle back 1"? If so, DON'T get the kit with those rear extended lower control arms - order it with stock length.
The move back on the axle causes more problems than its worth. Not major problems, but still it does things you shouldn't have to fix
Or live with. Ask me how I know. Don't get me wrong, it's a quality kit, but that 1" is a pain in the ass to have to deal with.

DO pay the extra $$ for adjustable shocks. Pick your brand. I have the Fox but the Rancho's are fine as well. Kings are the best but more $.
Having the adjustable shocks lets you play with those settings and the tire pressures to dial in your ride.

Some don't like the ride of the RK coils but I don't have anything to compare them to except my old RE coils which rode like a goddam dump truck.
I recently drove 18 hours straight in this Jeep and honestly wasn't fatigued from them. Still, I'd love to drive a Jeep with the Plush ride springs for a comparison.

Good luck!

Yeah the best way to make the 1" stretch work for me was to weld on new rotated and stretched artec coil perches and welded on the RK trackbar mount. It's better than the cheesy coil spring wedges they provide witch didn't help me much with the coil bow. I also am running the triple rate RK springs and so far they ride very well. It has a spongy feel but are firm enough to not let it have excessive body roll. I did have to put in a .5" spring spacer because of all the weight of my bumper/tire carrier with a 37"
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463539246.415226.jpg
After new perches
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463539282.956145.jpg

Also your going to need to torque the control arms which are a bitch. I made a jig to lock them down due to limited space on the jeep it's best to do it off.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463539405.217777.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463539433.769788.jpg

It's a decent lift and I'm not bad mouthing it, but if I had it to do over I would save my money a little more and go an EVO lift

Ddays

Hooked
^^ Great idea. Mine are a little off no matter how hard I try to keep them straight. Have you ever ridden in an EVO lifted Jeep to compare the ride between the coils?

DRTYRAT30

^^ Great idea. Mine are a little off no matter how hard I try to keep them straight. Have you ever ridden in an EVO lifted Jeep to compare the ride between the coils?

I haven't ridden in a jeep with traditional evo coil lift, but I have rode in a king coil over lifted vehicle. Their is no comparison to the amount of travel and adjustability with those kits. Along with the Johnny Joints. Just seems like a better lift if you have the money. Again I'm happy so far with my RK just took more work to get it right.

Ddays

Hooked
I haven't ridden in a jeep with traditional evo coil lift, but I have rode in a king coil over lifted vehicle. Their is no comparison to the amount of travel and adjustability with those kits. Along with the Johnny Joints. Just seems like a better lift if you have the money. Again I'm happy so far with my RK just took more work to get it right.

I'm in same boat. I LOVE the idea of a coilover kit but can't say that I NEED it yet. I've spent enough dough over the last 2 years. Will settle down and enjoy this for a while.

OP, any of this help?

Top Bottom