ABS issues

Rideski

Hi all,
Yesterday I was off roading and went deep into some mud with my 2013 JKU. I had to get towed out as the mud was just too deep. At the end of the run, after airing up, and getting back onto the pavement, I noticed my abs light and traction control lights were on. It stayed on for the majority of the trip home but when I stopped to gas up it went off - then after a short period it came back on. After pressure washing the jeep it went off again but has been intermittent ever since. On the way home today though the jeep violently pulled to the left when braking (light wasn't on). It did this a couple of times until the lights came back on again. Once the lights came on it operated properly again.
I thought I'd raise this here before I have to bring this to the stealership.. Thoughts?
Much appreciated.

scull20

Take a look to make sure the ABS lines are not damaged and are still connected first. Could be a simple fix

Shanetrn1

Just happened to me last week. There are wheel speed sensors for each wheel and they can get bend or break. Napa can narrow it down to the wheel where the problem is. There are a couple guides out there to fix it.

jknikos

Thats a common problem of the abs sensor. If you connect a code reader in your obd while the lights are one it whill throw some codes and you will locate which wheel has the problem. I supose it is a dirty abs sensor or a broken one. Easy and cheap fix.

Rideski

All the wiring looks intact - no viewable damage anywhere. There was a lot of dried up dirt packing into the crevasses around the sensor however. That's all been cleaned out and the indicator lights stay off till I brake and hit a bump at the same time then they come back on.
I don't have a code reader so I may have to take it to the shop..

jknikos

I would suggest to check your unit bearings, too. A lot of play in them can cause this to happen. That was the solution to my problem.

Top Bottom