anyone using superchip traildash 2

lesterjanpearson

What are the pros and cons for the superchip traildash2? I want to install it on my Sport Unlimited v6. currently stock but going to 35" Nitto Trails.

Donner85

I have the original. I like it, worked great for when I need to change the tire size. Nice big screen to tell you everything going on with the jeep. I also have the add on to control switches with it. The new version has a nicer screen for the switches and seems to have a nicer layout all around. I'm s a bit pricey but I'm happy with it.

lesterjanpearson

I have the original. I like it, worked great for when I need to change the tire size. Nice big screen to tell you everything going on with the jeep. I also have the add on to control switches with it. The new version has a nicer screen for the switches and seems to have a nicer layout all around. I'm s a bit pricey but I'm happy with it.

Where did you mount it? Hopefull its no too obstructive. Trying to find a spot where it blends in on the dashboard.

OJK12

I had one on my '12 and its something I wouldn't buy again. You don't use half the stuff in there and a regular programmer works just as well and has all the same tuning and calibrating abilities for less. Just my 2 cents but I'd buy a procal if you wanted something less expensive that works super easy and doesn't require fighting with the superchips link to update it.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
What are the pros and cons for the superchip traildash2? I want to install it on my Sport Unlimited v6. currently stock but going to 35" Nitto Trails.

I have the TD2 and find that it works pretty good for most things. I added 2 whips to give me 4 relays controls which I use for my arb compressor and front & rear lockers, with 1 spare which will become rock lights. the pitch & roll gauge screen comes in very handy when off-roading and I also run 35" Nitto Trails. The only downside is boot up time at initial start, but aside from that it is worth every penny.
Of course, if you have no intention of ever leaving the pavement, regardless of what size tires you have, why bother.

PB's-12JKU

I agree with Honor2afault that it works pretty good for most things. I have mine on a sport, so I don't get the options for the Rubicon, no biggie. I do feel for a computer it does take a long time to boot up. I have owned it since it came out and surprised not one system update yet. Currently I do a lot of highway driving for work, almost 40 miles one way with very little stopping. So I thought I would try out the fuel saver option, no change in milage for me.
To check I have been using a phone app to enter each fillup's gallons and current milage each time for 3 months before receiving the TD2, upload the fuel save program and continue to record milage. I am getting the same mpg. What I do like is that I can monitor different temperatures, since mr jeep had to have the Rad, oil cooler, and heater core replaced because of sludge i like seeing the actual temp instead of a guage that is always sitting near the middle.
The fuel gauge on the TD2 is not correct and I have even contacted Superchips about this and they responded that it is off to help people offroad in custom rigs without fuel gauges. I started to use the maintenance reminder for little things to test it out but quickly truned that off.
The odometer on the TD2 always seems off, but this could be because i don't sit and wait for it to fully boot up first, or if you remove it to run to someplace (ie. Dealership) and when reinstalling it your milage will be off and reminders come in at the wrong times.
My Milage Coach option says "Comming Soon" but the instruction book shows how to set it up, guess ill restore the jeep settings and check for another update. It will be nice to adjust tire size and gears easily when the time comes.
I have mine installed in the lower right of my windshield and I don't find it blocking any view.
Like others have said, I don't use half the stuff and not sure that I would purchase it again.
Good luck with your research and if you do purchase one, please keep us posted on your thoughts.

lesterjanpearson

I agree with Honor2afault that it works pretty good for most things. I have mine on a sport, so I don't get the options for the Rubicon, no biggie. I do feel for a computer it does take a long time to boot up. I have owned it since it came out and surprised not one system update yet. Currently I do a lot of highway driving for work, almost 40 miles one way with very little stopping. So I thought I would try out the fuel saver option, no change in milage for me.
To check I have been using a phone app to enter each fillup's gallons and current milage each time for 3 months before receiving the TD2, upload the fuel save program and continue to record milage. I am getting the same mpg. What I do like is that I can monitor different temperatures, since mr jeep had to have the Rad, oil cooler, and heater core replaced because of sludge i like seeing the actual temp instead of a guage that is always sitting near the middle.
The fuel gauge on the TD2 is not correct and I have even contacted Superchips about this and they responded that it is off to help people offroad in custom rigs without fuel gauges. I started to use the maintenance reminder for little things to test it out but quickly truned that off.
The odometer on the TD2 always seems off, but this could be because i don't sit and wait for it to fully boot up first, or if you remove it to run to someplace (ie. Dealership) and when reinstalling it your milage will be off and reminders come in at the wrong times.
My Milage Coach option says "Comming Soon" but the instruction book shows how to set it up, guess ill restore the jeep settings and check for another update. It will be nice to adjust tire size and gears easily when the time comes.
I have mine installed in the lower right of my windshield and I don't find it blocking any view.
Like others have said, I don't use half the stuff and not sure that I would purchase it again.
Good luck with your research and if you do purchase one, please keep us posted on your thoughts.

Thank your for that good insight, but unfortunately Superchips said I have to wait a couple of months for the TD2 on a 2016 JW Sport. but the Flashpaq for 2016 is available now.

PB's-12JKU

Here are the versions after the update.
Firmware 5.3008.57122
Calibration 5.8768.4946
Application 5.4.8768
FPGA 35135509
So far I have noticed it has now enabled the Milage Coach, added milage coach PID's and Home screen. Everything else looks the same so far from quickly going through the settings. Boot up time seems to be the same and loading programs is still slow. I'll take some more time and see if anything else looks new.

Top Bottom