Ace engineering Rock sliders

Wethy

I have a chance to pick up a set of Ace engineering 2dr rock sliders, they're the ones that bolt to the body mounts.

I'm wondering if anyone has used them and if they're any good currently I just have the OEM plastic ones. I don't wheel hard or over massive rocks as my build is fairly mild, but I'm curious since the price is decent. My concern is that they use the 2 body mounts. Would they bend and damage the body if I came down hard enough on them like the Rubi rails or no? Any input is appreciated! I don't "need" them yet but I feel like they could be better protection vs my current steps ha ha

Edit: too add this pic
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463542859.160443.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A lot of people mount them with the Rubi rails only to have them push the Rubi rails into the pinch seem. Not sure what happens without the Rubi rails.

RedRum

I had these on my two door and they did their job for very minor trails with a inexperienced driver ... I didn't get them on my second jeep tho because because I didn't like how low they were ...

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have them on my 4dr. They work great as a step, which is what my original intention was for. Way better than plastic steps. But now that I plan to actually grind them offload, I have a new set of EVO sliders in the garage to go on soon. Then I'll sell the Ace and rubi sliders.

Wethy

A lot of people mount them with the Rubi rails only to have them push the Rubi rails into the pinch seem. Not sure what happens without the Rubi rails.

I'm not nor will I run them with the rubi rails if I did buy them. To try and avoid that. But good to know

kyle521

But are they worth 200(Canadian) considering they are around 400 ish new

Im not sure what the canadian market is like, but I bought my 4 door rails for $200, I assume the 2 door versions are worth a little less. Either way, if you get them for around 50% of what they were new, you can always resell them and get your money back if you dont like them.

BlueBox

I've got a set and like them, but would recommend pairing them with a set of rubi rails for when they do inevitably flex.

That said I've taken a few hard hits it seems lately and have bent a couple of body mount bolts. I replaced with 10.9 bolts the first time, but my passenger side is hanging / floppy again so looks like I bent those again.

I'll likely move to something welded in the near future.

RedRum

But are they worth 200(Canadian) considering they are around 400 ish new

Idk their availability in Canada but I sold my 2dr ace sliders for a 150 bucks with rubicon rails just to move them fast ... I never actually mounted the rubicon sliders and they were just taking up space

Top Bottom