Warranty and lift?

Ginz

Forgive my ignorance. Does lifting/bigger tires affect the power train warranty in any way? I've already had to take it in for a transmission issue under warranty. Being that I have about a year and a half left on the warranty, I'm pretty worried about voiding it. Thanks in advance for the input!

jeeeep

Hooked
Forgive my ignorance. Does lifting/bigger tires affect the power train warranty in any way? I've already had to take it in for a transmission issue under warranty. Being that I have about a year and a half left on the warranty, I'm pretty worried about voiding it. Thanks in advance for the input!

technically they shouldn't void a warranty if the mods did nothing to cause the issue but it depends on the dealer, some are jeep friendly and will honor warranty work, others will void and flag the jeep as soon as they see its been modified.

Ginz

Thanks, I guess I'll have to ask the local dealers, I'm sure they'll give me a straight answer.....noooot. I'm considering putting it all off until warranty expires because I also want to re gear.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The correct legal response is that ANY aftermarket part that causes failure of an OEM part can result in no warranty coverage for the OEM part.

The practical response is that it depends on your dealership. Some dealerships red flag modified vehicles for a variety of reasons. If that happens you are pretty much screwed. While the Mag.-Moss Warranty Act provides you with some protection against manufacturers yanking warranties, you have to have the money and time to fight them.

Ginz

Thanks. Seeing as how Miami s known for wonderful and helpful customer service, I'm just gonna assume anything I do will void the warranty. Build thread should start October 2017 lol. Unless I hit the powerball of course.

woof359

warned

when we picked up our Sport, they warned me if I added a lift it would void the warranty with any thing that had to do with the lift, they also told me I had no rust warranty if I didn't pay them to under coat it at there place. I added a Rough Country lift and 295 16 tires, had no problem getting the head replaced when it went south the first 6 month we had the Jeep:dont_tell:

Top Bottom