OTRATTW Switch Install Help

Has anyone install ed the OTRATTW swithes on the Apillar I have the switches and pod just need help with install
Please keep in mind I have no idea what Im doing

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Great Goes the switch lights (words) dim if you turn on the lights?

What wires did you tap into (colors)?

The words are illuminated when the headlights are on, and they dim with the rest of the dash lights if that is what you are asking. Honestly, I don't remember the color of the wire I tapped for the dimmer (might have been orange with a brown stripe or brown with an orange stripe.) It was a long time ago. I tapped the OEM cigarette lighter for the power to the switches. Keep in mind that the Jeep is an '08. Not sure what year yours is but I would google to find out the dimmer wire color if you have a '10 or newer.

The words are illuminated when the headlights are on, and they dim with the rest of the dash lights if that is what you are asking. Honestly, I don't remember the color of the wire I tapped for the dimmer (might have been orange with a brown stripe or brown with an orange stripe.) It was a long time ago. I tapped the OEM cigarette lighter for the power to the switches. Keep in mind that the Jeep is an '08. Not sure what year yours is but I would google to find out the dimmer wire color if you have a '10 or newer.

Cool thanks Mine is a 15 ill google the colors thanks again

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
On the 15, go the drivers side footwell light. Tap into the orange/grey wire for a dimmable power source for your switches. Extremely easy to do.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I would bet you use the Orange/grey connection as switch power, your ground and then 3rd post to your relay .

Sharkey

Word Ninja
ok got it but the OTRTTW switches have 3 posts?

Hmmmm, not sure then. I have the OTRATTW 5 post switches

I would bet you use the Orange/grey connection as switch power, your ground and then 3rd post to your relay .

If there are only three posts on the switch body, then likely the OP doesn't have the ability to separately dim the switches. A three post switch would have hot power coming in for the switch, a ground, and then the "load" or "accessory" lead which would go to the relay. If that is the case, then I would not use the orange/grey Jeep wire for the switch power because the switches would not work unless the vehicle lights were on.

Top Bottom