Axle shafts for 37's

D.B.

Upgrading to 37's and would like to know if their is a nice axle ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463642794.175176.jpg option versus dropping 1,000 plus for RCV's? When I wheel I get into some aggressive stuff so would need a strong option.

Thanks

DJKU09

With 37s I would say axel shafts, c gussets and new greased ball joints fittings. That's if your still wanting to run Dana44.

D.B.

The axle housing is already built up I am just looking for input on axle shafts that will hold up versus going with a set of RCV's

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The axle housing is already built up I am just looking for input on axle shafts that will hold up versus going with a set of RCV's

Look for a chromoly shaft that has full circle clips and you will be good to go. I would look at Revolution ten factory as they both have amazing warranties

Mtb275

? How aggressive of stuff do you get into? In another post, you said you don't ever air down to less than 20psi. I'd say save your money and run stock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you broken a factory shaft yet?

This is what I'd have to ask. If what you're running ain't broke yet, I'd just keep running what you've got until you actually need new shafts.

Look for a chromoly shaft that has full circle clips and you will be good to go. I would look at Revolution ten factory as they both have amazing warranties

Agreed. If and when you need new shafts, I personally wouldn't waste my money on RCV's and would just get a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips. RCV's end up making loud snapping/popping noises that they'll tell you is "normal" and if you twist your splines, they'll tell you that's "normal" too.

Havoc40

Agreed. If and when you need new shafts, I personally wouldn't waste my money on RCV's and would just get a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips. RCV's end up making loud snapping/popping noises that they'll tell you is "normal" and if you twist your splines, they'll tell you that's "normal" too.

I just ran into this with a buddy of mine. He bought a take off Rubi 44 for his Sahara that had RCV's installed. They sound horrible! RCV wanted around $90 each for the rebuild kits, or send the shafts to them. After taking them out (PITA without removing the knuckle) to rebuild, we noticed the splines didn't look that great. Was also told this was normal. The noises have come back within 2,000mi.

He'll be going to Ten Factory shafts just to get rid of the noise in the near future.

WJCO

Meme King
I just ran into this with a buddy of mine. He bought a take off Rubi 44 for his Sahara that had RCV's installed. They sound horrible! RCV wanted around $90 each for the rebuild kits, or send the shafts to them. After taking them out (PITA without removing the knuckle) to rebuild, we noticed the splines didn't look that great. Was also told this was normal. The noises have come back within 2,000mi.

He'll be going to Ten Factory shafts just to get rid of the noise in the near future.

That's ridiculous to spend that kind of money for an offroad product that won't stand behind it.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

That's ridiculous to spend that kind of money for an offroad product that won't stand behind it.

So fricking glad I didn't go with RCV shafts. I feel like I dodged a bullet on that decision!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You're just a "hater" and "bashing" a company for no good reason!! :cheesy:

Seriously, you simply can't make this shit up and for all the hype and super high premium, you'd think you'd actually get a better product for your money AS WELL AS a REAL warranty that the manufacturer stands behind. But hey, that's just me. :cool:

Havoc40

For that kind of money on axle shafts, I really do want to have my cake and eat it too. There's no reason to deal with those damn noises...

So fricking glad I didn't go with RCV shafts. I feel like I dodged a bullet on that decision!

Me too. I'm running Ten Factory shafts. Fortunately, there was enough info on here that pushed me towards standard chromo shafts. I wouldn't have even upgraded my factory front shafts if it wasn't for getting a killer package deal while replacing a bent factory rear.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
For that kind of money on axle shafts, I really do want to have my cake and eat it too. There's no reason to deal with those damn noises...

Me too. I'm running Ten Factory shafts. Fortunately, there was enough info on here that pushed me towards standard chromo shafts. I wouldn't have even upgraded my factory front shafts if it wasn't for getting a killer package deal while replacing a bent factory rear.

My "problem" was that when I upgraded the axles, I also could go to a 35 spline shaft. Well, there are only two companies that I know of that sell a 35 spline Dana 44 front axle shaft, the RCV or the G2 Placer Gold. I went with the G2 Placer Gold's with full circle clips. We'll see how they do this summer.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anyone ever heard of carbon Offroad chromoly axle shafts? 10 year warranty and come pre assembled

Never heard of them. Honestly I would look at ten factory which had the same warranty or Revolution shafts which are made in the USA and have a lifetime warranty

JoeB-JKURX

Revolution Axle Shafts

Not sure what warranty there is on the others but I'm in the process of ordering Revolution American Made shafts because they basically have a no-fault lifetime warranty on not just the ball joint but the entire axle - plus they are generally less expensive than others. Brandon at Revolution is immediately responsive to any question you may have.

Not sure what warranty there is on the others but I'm in the process of ordering Revolution American Made shafts because they basically have a no-fault lifetime warranty on not just the ball joint but the entire axle - plus they are generally less expensive than others. Brandon at Revolution is immediately responsive to any question you may have.

Don't think you can go wrong with chromoly shafts. However, I would do a good amount of research on any shaft parts before you pull the trigger. I had alloy USA's in my front D30 before I went to a PR44 with RCV's. And I have g2 chromoly in my rear stock d44. Ten factory are also very good as well...you just don't want to get burned on shafts to save a few extra bucks.

SainT-314

The Placer Gold's have a 25 Year Warranty, that's what I've got upfront with 37's. Rear I still run the stock shafts, when they break Ill go Placer Gold there as well.

hhunter050

Maybe break the stock ones before you decide to upgrade...I'm on 37s and really push my jeep and haven't broken an axle shaft yet and I have a d30

Top Bottom