Is this normal ?

RedRum

So I installed my new poison spider Dana 44 diff cover and went this route because heard from a lot of people it has no clearance issues ... After I installed the front I noticed that it seems a bit small and doesn't cover the entire lip ??

I emailed psc but figured I would ask around while I wait for an answer ...

Is this normal ?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463664643.230697.jpg
Thanks
Matt

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Looks fine to me. I can't remember if mine did the same, but it's better that it's a little smaller anyway, so it doesn't catch on stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, it's made that way on purpose and it's a good thing for the reasons noted.

RedRum

As mentioned, it's made that way on purpose and it's a good thing for the reasons noted.

Thank you I appreciate all the answers ! Since I'm very new at working on my jeep figured t couldn't hurt to ask ... While we are in the subject lol

I didn't reuse this bracket that holds a wire ( assuming for my locker ) it is zip tied but is there any better way to secure it ? Since I am running a lube locker gasket I didn't think this was a great idea to put back in
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463674074.209243.jpg

Thanks again
Matt

rinkishjk

Thank you I appreciate all the answers ! Since I'm very new at working on my jeep figured t couldn't hurt to ask ... While we are in the subject lol

I didn't reuse this bracket that holds a wire ( assuming for my locker ) it is zip tied but is there any better way to secure it ? Since I am running a lube locker gasket I didn't think this was a great idea to put back in
View attachment 204072

Thanks again
Matt

That bracket goes between the bolt and the cover, not between the cover and diff housing.

RedRum

Yup well I'm an asshole ... I'll take full credit for the stupidity of that question ... Sorry for wasting your time appreciate it ( covers face with hand )

RedRum

That being said lol since the bolts need to be tightened in a specific order could I just drop those two bolts and put the bracket on or would I have to loosen them all which I don't want to do since I have just about 50 dollars worth of royal purple in there lol

Jeepfan30

That being said lol since the bolts need to be tightened in a specific order could I just drop those two bolts and put the bracket on or would I have to loosen them all which I don't want to do since I have just about 50 dollars worth of royal purple in there lol

I think you will be fine just removing those two bolts and attaching the bracket, then tighten the two bolts back to the recommended torque spec. Just don't go too tight, it's not like your are setting pinion pre-load on a new crush sleeve..meaning they are not that sensitive.

WJCO

Meme King

Those bolts are on top, shouldn't leak. Since you used a lube-locker, you won't have to worry about rtv dry times. I would just pull those two bolts and put the bracket on if it were mine. Don't loosen them all.

RedRum

Just an FYI for everyone that bracket is not compatible with the psc diff cover since its thicker you can't get it on the outside of the cover lol

WJCO

Meme King
Just an FYI for everyone that bracket is not compatible with the psc diff cover since its thicker you can't get it on the outside of the cover lol

Good to know. I'm sure you can figure out another way to secure it.

RedRum

I looking at the breather hose which has less slack and was thinking about zip tying it to that ... Gotta check it at flex

WJCO

Meme King
Why don't you just secure one of the sides of the bracket to one of the cover bolts? Who cares if it sticks up a little.

Top Bottom