Yep...another lift thread! 2012 JKU chopped stock fenders and 35s

devonn216

So I have spent the past several weeks devoted solely to researching lifts. I really want to be able to buy a lift now as a base that can be upgraded down the road. My Jeep is my daily driver, but I do get offroad about once a month or so. I have also been able to go on a 3 week trip out to Colorado before, and hope to have another one of those next summer.

Right now the suspension and steering is stock on my 2012 JKU Sport. I have added EVO C Gussets to the front, trimmed the fenders, and have 35" MT Deegan 38s on KMC XD Addicts (picked these from craigslist almost brand new for $800ish if i remember correctly). The MT Deegan's have been awesome! I would have never tried them if I didn't get such a deal, but they are awesome!

My budget is kinda wide open, but I'm definitely not going over $3000. I would love to be able to stay around $2000.

I was pretty much sold on the AEV 3.5" SC lift because I have heard from everyone that it provides the best on-road ride and can also hold its own off-road, but after reading some last night I am not so sure about it. I read that while using the brackets and stock components your just waiting for everything to bend, break, or bushings to ear out. From wha I have gathered it's very hard to beat their springs though..

I have also been considering the EVO 3" Enforcer, but was told to go with the AEV because it provides a much better on-road ride. Can anyone affirm or deny this?

I have seen a lot of people praising the RK lifts because of all that you get included in their kits, but I am concerned that third it provides will be harsh on and off road. How are the RK shocks; are they worth all that extra cash or should I just get the kit without the shocks and then get Bilstein 5100s?

Lastly, I am not completely sold on a 3.5" inch lift. I'm also considering 2.5" lifts like the AEV or one of the RKs. I would like the extra clearance, but I am concerned that 3.5" would make y 35" look small since I have trimmed fenders....

Heres what it looks like currently. I know I need to trim my rubi rails and pinch seams; maybe next week. And these pictures where to show off my new stock soft top so I apologize in advance.

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

White lightning

I have RK 3.5" xfactor with the 2.0 RRD shocks and the on/off road is good. I chopped my stock fenders also and I think it looks awesome with 35" tires ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463670623.814126.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So I have spent the past several weeks devoted solely to researching lifts. I really want to be able to buy a lift now as a base that can be upgraded down the road. My Jeep is my daily driver, but I do get offroad about once a month or so. I have also been able to go on a 3 week trip out to Colorado before, and hope to have another one of those next summer.

Right now the suspension and steering is stock on my 2012 JKU Sport. I have added EVO C Gussets to the front, trimmed the fenders, and have 35" MT Deegan 38s on KMC XD Addicts (picked these from craigslist almost brand new for $800ish if i remember correctly). The MT Deegan's have been awesome! I would have never tried them if I didn't get such a deal, but they are awesome!

My budget is kinda wide open, but I'm definitely not going over $3000. I would love to be able to stay around $2000.

I was pretty much sold on the AEV 3.5" SC lift because I have heard from everyone that it provides the best on-road ride and can also hold its own off-road, but after reading some last night I am not so sure about it. I read that while using the brackets and stock components your just waiting for everything to bend, break, or bushings to ear out. From wha I have gathered it's very hard to beat their springs though..

I have also been considering the EVO 3" Enforcer, but was told to go with the AEV because it provides a much better on-road ride. Can anyone affirm or deny this?

I have seen a lot of people praising the RK lifts because of all that you get included in their kits, but I am concerned that third it provides will be harsh on and off road. How are the RK shocks; are they worth all that extra cash or should I just get the kit without the shocks and then get Bilstein 5100s?

Lastly, I am not completely sold on a 3.5" inch lift. I'm also considering 2.5" lifts like the AEV or one of the RKs. I would like the extra clearance, but I am concerned that 3.5" would make y 35" look small since I have trimmed fenders....

Heres what it looks like currently. I know I need to trim my rubi rails and pinch seams; maybe next week. And these pictures where to show off my new stock soft top so I apologize in advance.

View attachment 204059

View attachment 204060

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Depends on what your perception of 'better' is, as that is a very subjective term. I have ridden and drove several AEV equipped rigs and can say that while the ride was not bad at all, I preferred the JKS lift. I personally like a softer ride and that is what I was looking for. The AEV lifts were by no means horribly stiff, but not something I felt I would be happy with in a daily driver for me. I would say of the group of lifts I tested, the AEV offered a softer ride than Teraflex and Rough Country. I would also say that in my opinion the JKS and BDS were both softer than the AEV. Again, it all depends on the type of ride you like as to what is 'better'.

TennJK

I am a huge supporter of the EVO Enforcer. I have it on my rig and I can say that the on road ride is fantastic. It is honestly just as comfortable as stock if not more. Handles great off road as well. A lot of he ride is in the shocks as well. I can't compare it to the AEV. But I can say that the enforcer is my vote.
How it is now
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463676135.893789.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463676153.299344.jpg

Day after the lift was installed
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463676206.221022.jpg

devonn216

I am a huge supporter of the EVO Enforcer. I have it on my rig and I can say that the on road ride is fantastic. It is honestly just as comfortable as stock if not more. Handles great off road as well. A lot of he ride is in the shocks as well. I can't compare it to the AEV. But I can say that the enforcer is my vote.
How it is now
View attachment 204077 View attachment 204078

Day after the lift was installed
View attachment 204079

That does look nice that's for sure. That's with 35s right? What shocks are you running with the enforcer?

TennJK

That does look nice that's for sure. That's with 35s right? What shocks are you running with the enforcer?

Yeah they are the 35x12.5 KO2s. And I'm running a set of ProComp es9000s. I'm going to the Rancho 9ks soon though.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Maybe nick will chime in on this one. He is running the 4" enforcer w/ 37s and the ranchos but I am not sure exactly which ones and I think he is very happy with it. I feel with the 3" you would be very happy just pair them with the correct shock. I dont feel the bilstein 5100s pair well with the plush ride springs.

Last edited:

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Maybe nick will chime in on this one. He is running the 4" enforcer w/ 37s and the ranchos but I am not sure exactly which ones and I think he is very happy with it. I feel with the 3" you would be very happy just pair them with the correct shock. I dont feel the plush rides pair well with the plush ride springs.

Like Jim said. I'm VERY happy with 4" enforcer and the rancho RS9000xl shocks. Since I don't keep much in my jku to add weight to it I set them as soft as the shocks get and its the same if not smoother than factory ride. And you can't beat the price of the shocks either for how well they perform

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463679848.106349.jpg

devonn216

If I do the 3" Enforcer I'm not sure what shocks I would pair. The Bilsteins 5100s are cheaper. I have heard great things about the Rancho 9000s. I considered the Foxs that Nothridge offers with the Enforcer but I have heard that they are pretty stiff. Any advice?

TennJK

If I do the 3" Enforcer I'm not sure what shocks I would pair. The Bilsteins 5100s are cheaper. I have heard great things about the Rancho 9000s. I considered the Foxs that Nothridge offers with the Enforcer but I have heard that they are pretty stiff. Any advice?

Rancho 9000s. I've never heard anything bad about them. I am not sure if their rebate is going on or not but if so then that's something to consider too. The other ones also pair great. Just my $0.02

swampdog

Rancho 9000s. I've never heard anything bad about them. I am not sure if their rebate is going on or not but if so then that's something to consider too. The other ones also pair great. Just my $0.02

I'll second the 9000s. I'm really happy with mine.

devonn216

They have a prepaid Visa rebate deal going right now. I think it's $100 bucks on a Visa if you buy four 9000s.

scull20

I threw on a 3" Enforcer, Drag Link Flip, Rancho 9000s and 35 mud grapplers a month ago...handles just like stock, rides as nice as if not better than stock. The only difference I've noticed so far is my loss of hearing from driving on the highway from the mid grapplers lol.

devonn216

I threw on a 3" Enforcer, Drag Link Flip, Rancho 9000s and 35 mud grapplers a month ago...handles just like stock, rides as nice as if not better than stock. The only difference I've noticed so far is my loss of hearing from driving on the highway from the mid grapplers lol.

Haha nice. That's the set up in leaning towards except I have 35" Mickey Thompson Deegan 38s

Top Bottom