SPY SHOTS Underneath a Jeep JL Wrangler!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Fast Lane car channel on YouTube just released a pretty good video highlighting rumors and predictions and even included some spy shots of what the underside looks like on the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler and I wanted to post them up here to see what you all think of what you're seeing.

This first shot is from the front looking back and in it, you can see the new oil pan to whatever engine they're running as well as considerably exposed transmission cooler lines and transmission pan with cooling fins. By the look of things, the front lower control arm mounts are swept back and look very similar to what the new Articulink mounts look like but, you can also clearly see an upper control arm on the passenger side. Needless to say, the radius arms might be a Rubicon only thing.
jl-wrangler.jpg

Here's a side shot of the front and in it, you can see the front lower control arm brackets I mentioned as well as a "skid bar" to "protect" the transmission - LOL. I still have to wonder what motor they're running as I don't recognize the oil pan.
jl-wrangler-2.jpg

Here's a shot of the rear and for the most part, it still looks like a JK. What do you think?
jl-wrangler-3.jpg

There are rumors that the new Dana 44 axle that is to be used will be a 12 bolt design but this one still looks like a standard 44.
jl-wrangler-4.jpg

So, let's hear it! What do you guys think of what you're seeing? :thumb:

Wowos

I've talked with my friend at the jeep dealership and he told me, that in 2018 wrangler they will be putting 2 liter 4 cyilinder engine, with variable valve timing, and twin scroll turbo. That engine is supposed to be called "Hurricane", and will be paired with 8 gear auto transmission.

longarmwj

Looks just like a JK, which in my opinion is a good thing. I mean the JK is a proven platform, so why fix it? Minor adjustments to keep it up to date plus the new exterior/interior and it will be good to go.

Now here's hoping they didn't royally screw up the exterior design

hydrohut

If that is truely the next model theres not many changes there.

They still can't find a better place for the evap canister? Seriously.

We have the current diesels over here but it has never been an option for the Rubicon.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I'm very fond of the ZF 8-speed, i'd be delighted if it would get it

You might be fond of the original German ZF 8 which is used in FCA cars (and plenty of other great cars for the matter) with the ecodiesel or the V8s. 6 cylinder gas vehicles get the built under license in Mexico version of the ZF 8 which is trash.

jolly

oh okay. I'm delighted with the ZF 8-speed in my BMW, so i might have to take that back without any further experience.

Plus: software makes a huge difference in cars. With identical hardware you can have a perfect gearbox with the software in a car from manufacturer "A" but an absolute pain in the ass with software that manufacturer "B" uses.

Top Bottom