JK Wrangler clock:

zooplancton

hey guys,
this is a bit of a stupid post, but is anyone having issues with the jeep's clock?
about every month or so i have to re-set the clock because it comes out of time. usually about 30 minutes or so. sometimes, its just 10 minutes, etc.
i don't unplug my battery ever and just had to ask if anyone is experiencing this.
thanks in advance!
-brandon

cmireles

Over a period of 3-4 weeks, mine becomes 2-3 minutes slower. I just change it to match real time.

10-30 minutes though, wow [emoji54]

WJCO

Meme King
Check for corrosion, dirt around TIPM and fuses. If there's nothing obvious, call dealer and ask them if they have run into that before and if there are any software updates, etc.

zooplancton

Check for corrosion, dirt around TIPM and fuses. If there's nothing obvious, call dealer and ask them if they have run into that before and if there are any software updates, etc.

thanks a ton guys for your response. i do have an unlimited lifetime warranty. maybe i'll look into that as well as debris for the short term.
thanks!
-brandon

Zstairlessone

Mine has always drifted, always slow. I don't even look at for time anymore and every couple of months I remember to set it right.

You would think that if it were a glitch that at least some of them would go fast, but they all go slow..

zooplancton

Mine has always drifted, always slow. I don't even look at for time anymore and every couple of months I remember to set it right.

You would think that if it were a glitch that at least some of them would go fast, but they all go slow..

oh wow. confirmed then. i thought about using my extended warranty on it, but then i'd just get another clock that doesn't work right. lol

Radioman

Like they say on some radio call-in shows "long time listener, first time caller". I have enjoyed reviewing the posts on this site but have not often posted before.

Regarding the slow clock, there is a TSB on this:

TSB for slow clock
SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Replace the WCM/SCREEM, follow the remove and installation procedure per
TechConnect: Vehicle Theft Security /MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer
(SKREEM)/Removal/installation.
2. Make sure to read and follow all notes regarding key Transponders and Tire pressure sensor reprogramming.
3. Clear all codes that may have been set during the replacement procedure.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

zooplancton

thanks radioman!!! really appreciate it!
-brandon

Like they say on some radio call-in shows "long time listener, first time caller". I have enjoyed reviewing the posts on this site but have not often posted before.

Regarding the slow clock, there is a TSB on this:

TSB for slow clock
SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-003-13
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 15, 2013

SUBJECT:
Clock In The Radio Loses Time

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM).

MODELS:
2009 - 2012 (JK) Wrangler
2009 - 2012 (KK) Liberty

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customer may experience a condition where the clock will lose over one minute a month.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Replace the WCM/SCREEM, follow the remove and installation procedure per
TechConnect: Vehicle Theft Security /MODULE, Sentry Key Immobilizer
(SKREEM)/Removal/installation.
2. Make sure to read and follow all notes regarding key Transponders and Tire pressure sensor reprogramming.
3. Clear all codes that may have been set during the replacement procedure.

I hope this helps.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Over a period of 3-4 weeks, mine becomes 2-3 minutes slower. I just change it to match real time.

10-30 minutes though, wow [emoji54]

My 08 has lost 2-3 minutes over about a month too, been doing that since I drove it off the dealer lot 8 years ago.

bholder817

Radioman is that a recall or do I pay to have it fixed? My 2011 has done it from day one. 3 to 5 minutes a month I lose.

Radioman

I bought the Jeep in Sept. of 2011 (2012 model). The clock was always slow and my research led me to the TSB. When the left cylinder head had to be replaced under warranty, I asked them to perform the clock repair also, which they did. This was in May of 2014. Since this is a TSB and if your out of your warranty, I doubt they will do it for free. But, it never hurts to ask your dealer. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom