07-10 Jeep JK 3.8L HP Tuners file

gtaion

I recently got an HP Tuners and hooked it up to a 2009 JK, I quickly realized that I have no idea what I'm doing.

I richened up the fuel just a little bit and removed some timing, but ultimately would like to know how to use the software without just making guess's.

I'm hoping somebody out there has a hpt file of a tuned 07-10 JK that they are willing to share. I believe in 2011 they changed from a MAP sensor to Speed Density tuning on the 3.8L, thats why I excluded the 2011 JK's. That way I can see what changes were made and possibly do some mimicry while trying to learn this software.

Any guides, write-ups. or Scanner Layouts would be awesome as well, the internet hasn't helped much on learning how to tune Dodge vehicles.

Thank you.

jeeeep

Hooked
I recently got an HP Tuners and hooked it up to a 2009 JK, I quickly realized that I have no idea what I'm doing.

I richened up the fuel just a little bit and removed some timing, but ultimately would like to know how to use the software without just making guess's.

I'm hoping somebody out there has a hpt file of a tuned 07-10 JK that they are willing to share. I believe in 2011 they changed from a MAP sensor to Speed Density tuning on the 3.8L, thats why I excluded the 2011 JK's. That way I can see what changes were made and possibly do some mimicry while trying to learn t<script id="gpt-impl-0.7627692208962535" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_88.js"></script>his software.

Any guides, write-ups. or Scanner Layouts would be awesome as well, the internet hasn't helped much on learning how to tune Dodge vehicles.

Thank you.

I've considered getting an HP tuner but have no experience with them.

I was always taught to advance the timing to maximize the burn at ignition, I think it's still trial and error but with knowledge of the engine being tuned as to where it reaches optimal performance

That's all the no help I can offer :beer:

gtaion

So I paid a remote tuner (Will from overkill motorsports) to tune my 2013 JK and it has made a huge difference and I'm sure that the exhaust and CAI are actually doing a little bit now. Also with the electronic transmission he was able to adjust my shift points and everything.
Now that I have the tuner though, I would really love to know how to use it. It has a really nice scanner for watching what is going on, and there are tons of options in the editor. And I've figured it has to do with adjusting fueling to just above a lean condition and then advancing the spark to just under the where knock starts, but I'm not sure how to create the graphs to pull the info out of the scanner to put into the editor.
So I'm hoping somebody has a tune that I can use the compare function in the editor on and see what values were adjusted and how those look in the scanner.

Top Bottom