Should I buy this poison spyder bumper?

NightFox915

Hey fellow members and jeepers I was looking at this poison spyder bumper ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463754693.171077.jpg was wondering if this is a good product to install on my jeep JKU 2013 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463754793.131385.jpg this will be my first do it yourself on my jeep lol what recommendations do you suggest or tips you can share with me my friends.

Thank you
Your fellow Wayalife member from El Paso TX

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The problem with this bumper is that you have to cut the frame horns off. Once you do that your stuck with that bumper and with the types of bumpers you can install after it

Mtb275

More of a personal preference thing.

I prefer look and functionality of the Crawler Conzeptz front bumpers.

devonn216

The problem with this bumper is that you have to cut the frame horns off. Once you do that your stuck with that bumper and with the types of bumpers you can install after it

Wow that's good to know. I was considering this bumper as well. Do most bumpers require that? LOD? EVO?

Jeepfan30

I have the PS brawler lite that the OP is asking about. Really nice bumper, but I am wanting a bumper with a recessed winch now. I have been debating between the EVO 1/4 pounder and the Pro Series. Can both the EVO bumpers be mounted without the crash bar that I had to chop off to install the PS bumper?

swampdog

I have the PS brawler lite that the OP is asking about. Really nice bumper, but I am wanting a bumper with a recessed winch now. I have been debating between the EVO 1/4 pounder and the Pro Series. Can both the EVO bumpers be mounted without the crash bar that I had to chop off to install the PS bumper?

You will have to cut the crash bar for the EVO 1/4 pounder. I believe you will have to cut the crash bar for almost all bumpers with a RECESSED winch mount.

LurancJK

This poison spyder bumper does not require any cutting of the frame. Bfh series does for high clearance

Jeepfan30

I did not have to cut the crash bar for the brawler lite install, but when I added the lower skid I did have to cut the crash bar. What are the frame horns? I did not have to cut anything else to install the bumper the OP is asking about.

zimm

Caught the Bug
It's my favorite bumper. You do not need to cut the frame, move the vacuum pump, or cut off the crash bar. It bolts right on. I read that you can buy them powder coated- I would do that. Locally it was $250 to powder coat. Plan to tap threads into the fog light mounting holes- the OEM screws don't tighten very well.

Jackal01

Wow that's good to know. I was considering this bumper as well. Do most bumpers require that? LOD? EVO?

I am going to have to disagree on the frame cut. I have this same one except for I have tube gussets and I didn't cut anything. Direct bolt on. I believe the BFH line may have some cuts.

TFD

I've had the poison spyder bumper on my jeep for almost 2 yrs and love it. I haven't had any issues with the engine overheating with the winch being top mounted, but i live in a colder climate.

devonn216

It's my favorite bumper. You do not need to cut the frame, move the vacuum pump, or cut off the crash bar. It bolts right on. I read that you can buy them powder coated- I would do that. Locally it was $250 to powder coat. Plan to tap threads into the fog light mounting holes- the OEM screws don't tighten very well.

Can you take a picture that's in-line with the end of the bumper from the front looking towards the grill, if that makes sense? I'm trying to get a bumper that lines up nicely with the ends of the grill.

Jeepfan30

The only time cutting is required with this bumper, is if you add the lower skid plate that bolts onto the bottom of the brawler lite.

Top Bottom