Aftermarket Exhaust...

Flatattack

Stock exhaust was recently damaged during a traffic accident and will need to be replaced. Looking for opinions on aftermarket exhaust systems for 3.6 JKU. I really like the Borla Climber system. Another option is the Magnaflow Rock Crawler system. I would like a "high clearance" kit. I am not interested in "loud", just a nice sound. Anyone have real world experience with these two systems? Any others that I should seriously consider?

The link posted above is the way I'm going to go as well. I have the "other" dynomax system that exits in front of the rear axle because I have the evolever setup in rear and I will tell you that it's somewhat loud and different sounding... Enough that I'll be changing it here before too long. Jeeps shouldn't sound like riced out Hondas in my humble opinion. :icon_crazy:

I believe Eddie did an install and review of the quiet setup not too long ago... I could be wrong

Flatattack

Thanks guys!! I hadn't come across this system till y'all pointed it out. I watched Eddie's video and it appears to be exactly what I'm looking for, high clearance and not too loud!! Thanks again!!

Benito

Caught the Bug
I ran the Magnaflow kit that dumped before the axle, at first it was cool but it became obnoxious quickly and was replaced in 5 months with the dynomax quiet crawler kit. I had it installed the the way Wayolife has it on Rubicat. Definitely quieter and I think it is higher in the frame rail than the Magnaflow can. Looking back, if I would have kept my stock exhaust I would have tried to put the smaller can that is in the stock system in series with the Magnaflow can if it would have fit.

I've got the afe cat back high tuck. Really happy with it. It was between that or the magnaflow rock crawler one that dumps the exhaust right in front of the rear axle. I heard it's really loud though

Jern26

I have the dynomax high tuck exhaust, and I love it. Only issue was the one section of pipe was like 2 inches too long, easy fix though.

My neighbors get to enjoy it also, particularly at 5 a.m. Monday through saturday.

Top Bottom