Trektop Pro Hybrid vs. Trektop NX

SaddleTramp

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new soft top. I'm torn between the newer Trektop Pro Hybrid vs. the previous Trektop NX.

Looking for any thoughts, opinions or experience and Pro/Cons of each.

Appreciate any help! Thank you.

Mevman

Trek Top Pro Hybrid

Hi,
I have the Trek Top Pro on my JK. It's great.
I will say the side sliding windows and the rear flip up glass is wonderful. We frequently access the rear for the fridge etc and removing the bar and unzipping rear window (especially when its dusty) was a big pain.
One thing you should consider is that the top is not really removable. The sun-rider flip up for the front is great and you can remove the side windows from the channel and remove the nuts on the hinges of the rear glass to remove that. What you end up with this a Safari style top. There is a rear plastic mounting frame that allows the mounting of the rear glass and that stays in place.
It IS removable...but not something one would do routinely.
Given that...the premium cloth is nice..and seems to clean up easy and still looks great even after a dusty trail ride.

RjSkippy

Hi,
I will say the side sliding windows and the rear flip up glass is wonderful. We frequently access the rear for the fridge etc and removing the bar and unzipping rear window (especially when its dusty) was a big pain.
One thing you should consider is that the top is not really removable. The sun-rider flip up for the front is great and you can remove the side windows from the channel and remove the nuts on the hinges of the rear glass to remove that. What you end up with this a Safari style top. There is a rear plastic mounting frame that allows the mounting of the rear glass and that stays in place.
Given that...the premium cloth is nice..and seems to clean up easy and still looks great even after a dusty trail ride.

Nice write-up. I was looking at these and went with a premium soft top instead and my concern was exactly that it didn't look "easy" to remove but the windows seemed awesome, especially the back window for getting gear out. :thumb:

JoeB-JKURX

Hi,

Side glass windows rattle quite a bit when going down the freeway. Other than that, the Pro is great (best looking top out there).

Hammmerhead

IMO, having a true hard top and an NX covers all the seasons here for me. I really like the NX and the ability to go bikini only in just a few minutes and then back again if the rain shows up. It seems like the Pro is not really a hard top and not really a soft top. The NX is priced right with the rebates they were giving.

SaddleTramp

IMO, having a true hard top and an NX covers all the seasons here for me. I really like the NX and the ability to go bikini only in just a few minutes and then back again if the rain shows up. It seems like the Pro is not really a hard top and not really a soft top. The NX is priced right with the rebates they were giving.

I think that's my concern, the Hybrid may be too much hardtop and inconvenient to remove/bikini vs. benefits of the NX Trektop as a true soft-top especially here in Vegas as I'd get more out of the removable soft-top options vs. hardtop benefits.

I did have an interest as the hybrid being a little more "secure" from vandals cutting the soft-top material but looks like it's just as susceptible as the NX with the NX having more versatility for my SW environment/needs vs. the hybrid in the long run.

Hammmerhead

I think that's my concern, the Hybrid may be too much hardtop and inconvenient to remove/bikini vs. benefits of the NX Trektop as a true soft-top especially here in Vegas as I'd get more out of the removable soft-top options vs. hardtop benefits.

I did have an interest as the hybrid being a little more "secure" from vandals cutting the soft-top material but looks like it's just as susceptible as the NX with the NX having more versatility for my SW environment/needs vs. the hybrid in the long run.

I really, really like the NX and its convenience. The front flips back in about 10 seconds, no flapping even on the interstate at 70+ Once you get down how it all goes together its not bad at all and its kind of strange how well it all fits together, yet is so simple.

caminton

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but can anyone offer any more info on the Pro vs. the regular NX? I'll give you my situation so maybe someone can offer me some insight also.

I currently live in "So"Cal (about 2 hours north of LA. Not very southern, but not very northern either) and its extremely mild temps here. I'll be here for another 6+ months at least (looks more like a year and a half but I don't know an exact time, gotta love the military). After that, I'm moving to Minot, North Dakota.
I have a hard top right now and I'm trying to decide if I want to get a Trektop NX to supplement it, or sell it and get a Pro. I just don't know if a pro will offer good enough insulation in the cold weather.

Top Bottom