Alternative TrailDash 2 Pod

Tenways

Hi guys!

I picked up a TrailDash 2 from Superchips a few months ago, and was sad to see that there was no sleek looking pod like they had for the 07-10 JK models (Picture below). I called Superchips a few times to see if there were plans to make something for the newer dashes and (depending on who I talked to) got a variety of answers, inevitably leading me to think the answer was no.

old traildash.png

I've already done some fabrication to my dash to house an iPad coupled with the Sony head unit that allows the iPad to control the radio and all it's features. The iPad's great for off-road navigation as well as google maps and all the other great things an iPad can do while maintaining a sleek OEM look. So I thought hey, lets get the Traildash in there too. Now to the point of my thread...

In case any of you would like to to the same thing, I'm uploading the model I created that will house the Traildash 2. Just take the model to anyone who can do simple 3D printing, or somewhere like 3dhubs.com. I have a guy in Pittsburgh who did mine and is very fast and knowledgeable who printed mine cheap and quick. Just PM me if you want his contact info. Next, you'll just need to fabricate it to the dash with some body filler and cut a hole for the HDMI-OBDII wire (and paint obviously). It's up to you on how you want to have the TD stay mounted within the unit. Personally I will be taking an 45 degree HDMI elbow and attaching it to the body of the housing so the TD will simply plug in and stay in the housing. I should hopefully have mine completed by the end of next week with any luck. I'll update the post with pictures of the completed project if any of you are interested. Also, I'm uploading a 2nd model of the Jeep logo that you can sand down, paint, and stick on the front of it. Extra sleekness :beer:

Also to note, there are speaker holes in the top that I added since it's is also housing an external CB speaker for my current setup. You can body filler over them or leave them.

The housing:
housing pic.jpg housing1.jpg housing2.jpg housing3.jpg

The Jeep badge:
badge pic.png Jeep logo.jpg

3D Models:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq9crj96ay28zqd/Badge.stl?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/us96qw5o1j7icsh/TDII Housing.stl?dl=0

Pics of the completed dash to come soon!

Top Bottom