Went to dealer for recall service this week

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I went to dealer this week to have the recall on my 11 and 12 JKs done for power heated mirror.
They did an 'Inspection' and told me I had several problems with my front end. "It's in bad shape"
1- diff fluid level is low
2- axle end boots are torn
3- steering stabilizer boot missing

I tried to explain to them it was a Dynatrac ProRock 44 with RCV shafts and a PSC ram-assist.

It didn't go over well as he rolled his eyes at me.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463946187.324981.jpg
This is for the WAL write up on the PR. I checked the lower Allen bolt and a small amount of diff fluid came out.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463946264.527625.jpg

Benito

Caught the Bug
I went to dealer this week to have the recall on my 11 and 12 JKs done for power heated mirror.
They did an 'Inspection' and told me I had several problems with my front end. "It's in bad shape"
1- diff fluid level is low
2- axle end boots are torn
3- steering stabilizer boot missing

I tried to explain to them it was a Dynatrac ProRock 44 with RCV shafts and a PSC ram-assist.

It didn't go over well as he rolled his eyes at me.

View attachment 204482
This is for the WAL write up on the PR. I checked the lower Allen bolt and a small amount of diff fluid came out.
View attachment 204483

Dafuq is an "axle end boot"? I have to go in for the same recall, I wonder what they will say about mine?[emoji23]

Last edited:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Dafuq is an "axle end boot"? I have to go in for the same recall, I wonder what they will say about mine?[emoji23]

Hopefully your dealership is better informed. I thought the same thing since the stock has no boot [emoji106]

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Gotta love the dealerships. I cringe every time I need to go there for something. You'd think they'd never seen a modified jeep before.

Dopey84

Hell I took mine into the dealership to get it serviced and they said my lift kit was to soft and the coils were shot.... This was right after I installed my Evo leveling kit... Smh... They were trying to make it seem like the coils weren't able to support the front of my jeep but yet I gained 2" in the front over stock and it rides hella better than stock.. I really wonder where some places get there mechanics

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Since when does the stock steering stabilizer have a boot on it? :what:

Exactly

Hell I took mine into the dealership to get it serviced and they said my lift kit was to soft and the coils were shot.... This was right after I installed my Evo leveling kit... Smh... They were trying to make it seem like the coils weren't able to support the front of my jeep but yet I gained 2" in the front over stock and it rides hella better than stock.. I really wonder where some places get there mechanics

Coils were shot! That's hilarious. Didn't ride crappy anymore so they thought it had to be wrong

Gotta love the dealerships. I cringe every time I need to go there for something. You'd think they'd never seen a modified jeep before.

I have a problem with this especially since I have the 5.7. Pointless to take it to them since I have to explain everything. My mechanic fixed it for half the price and no hassle

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

Hopefully your dealership is better informed. I thought the same thing since the stock has no boot [emoji106]

I'm guessing they were referring to the big orange cups on the RCVs

Since when does the stock steering stabilizer have a boot on it? :what:

I wouldn't exactly call it a boot but I'm guessing they are referring to the hard plastic piston rod cover that the stock stabiliser has.

EDIT: Do you have a stabiliser fitted or just the ram assist? Hard to tell from the photo?

Last edited:

geberhard

Douchebag
Carbon fiber bumper??? Daium!!! :D

Good reminder, I am planning to do the Air Bag\clockspring recall in a few weeks, I wonder what teh list of fawked stuff on my Jeep will look like lol :)

Gui

WJCO

Meme King
Well, since they're the 'experts,' you should probably listen to them. It would have been awesome if you had authorized the repairs and got to watch the tech try to fit the parts.

JoeB-JKURX

Which Dealership and Who You Deal With Probably Matters

You don't say which dealership you use (if it's one in Albuquerque) but you might want to check with membership here and/or other Jeep Clubs in town to find the name of service advisors that belong and actually build and wheel their Jeeps. I recall from a club meeting I went to where one of the members was introduced as being one of the Service Managers at Larry H Miller and we had a discussion about this very kind of situation. He advised the membership to speak with him before you brought the Jeep into the dealership. Unfortunately, I can't recall his name (will post it when I get a chance to check around) but expect that many dealerships have individual service folks that are supportive of the kinds of things we do to our Jeeps and will get us through warranty kinds of work that are obviously not caused by our mods.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
You don't say which dealership you use (if it's one in Albuquerque) but you might want to check with membership here and/or other Jeep Clubs in town to find the name of service advisors that belong and actually build and wheel their Jeeps. I recall from a club meeting I went to where one of the members was introduced as being one of the Service Managers at Larry H Miller and we had a discussion about this very kind of situation. He advised the membership to speak with him before you brought the Jeep into the dealership. Unfortunately, I can't recall his name (will post it when I get a chance to check around) but expect that many dealerships have individual service folks that are supportive of the kinds of things we do to our Jeeps and will get us through warranty kinds of work that are obviously not caused by our mods.

Please PM me his name. Thanks
Greg

Top Bottom