Sunpie LED headlights

Ginz

So I got these for free, not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but have any of you used them or are there any issues I should be expecting?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463976385.138668.jpg

SoCalDozer

So I got these for free, not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but have any of you used them or are there any issues I should be expecting?

View attachment 204600

I almost bought those lights but ended up getting a killer deal on some JW speakers instead. Im honestly not that impressed with the speakers compared to my HID retrofit projectors I had on my last JK but they are nice.
The only thing I have heard about the Sunpies is some issues with the wires coming loose but you should be able to address that before you install them if you see anything loose.

I would like to see the beam pattern once you get them installed though!

JeepJeep75

Are these a Chinese version of JWspeaker lights? They look the same. I guess you can't beat the price, and I'm sure even if they were a knock-off they are better that the glowing-butter stock lights. Post up some before/after night pics please.

Clark Griswold

I have a set that I've had on for a month or so now, the output is so much better than stock it's hard to explain, had one flickering on high beam when first installed and they sent another anti flicker module right away but so far I really enjoy them. Make sure you adjust properly so you get the longest beam pattern without blinding other drivers. I went about 38" to the top of the hot spot of the beam, 36" just didn't cut it. Nobody has flashed me and you don't see light shining in their face either so I think it's good. Enjoy.

Ginz

Are these a Chinese version of JWspeaker lights? They look the same. I guess you can't beat the price, and I'm sure even if they were a knock-off they are better that the glowing-butter stock lights. Post up some before/after night pics please.

It looks like they are. But for what I paid, I can't really complain lol. It's like a sore dick, you can't beat it.

Sorry bout before pics, didn't think to do it. Here's an after install

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464028641.374123.jpg

I'll post again when it gets dark.

Ginz

Oh, I will tell you one thing, the harness doesn't allow the red safety catch to engage, so I foresee having to pop off the grill once in a while and pushing it back in. That or gorilla glue [emoji16]

jeeeep

Hooked
Oh, I will tell you one thing, the harness doesn't allow the red safety catch to engage, so I foresee having to pop off the grill once in a while and pushing it back in. That or gorilla glue [emoji16]

use long thin zip ties, run it between the wires/connectors. had to do that with one of the TL connectors that kept popping loose.

Ginz

Damn, should have thought of that before I buttoned her up. Oh well, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Maybe should have waited till after I washed her?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464029271.582635.jpg

Ginz

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464053311.562272.jpg

No light

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464053324.817138.jpg

Fog light

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464053352.213199.jpg

New light

One issue, passenger high beam don't work. Same reason my brother returned, replaced, and passed them to me lol. I wouldn't recommend them, unless of course you get them for free, then they are awesome. I'll be getting the trucklite head and fog next month.

JeepJeep75

View attachment 204726

No light

View attachment 204727

Fog light

View attachment 204728

New light

One issue, passenger high beam don't work. Same reason my brother returned, replaced, and passed them to me lol. I wouldn't recommend them, unless of course you get them for free, then they are awesome. I'll be getting the trucklite head and fog next month.

Probably the best mod you can do. You will like the TruckLites. Do yourself a favor and get some horizontal headlight adjuster screws and put them in with the new TL's. Then you can dial them in perfectly.

Ginz

I remember my buddy bought Sunpie LED headlights and there's flickering issue when the engine is on.

So far no flickering.

Probably the best mod you can do. You will like the TruckLites. Do yourself a favor and get some horizontal headlight adjuster screws and put them in with the new TL's. Then you can dial them in perfectly.

My brother got those, I'm sure it makes a huge difference. These seem ok for now, but once I spend real cash, I'll definitely want to dial them in.

On another note, high beam started working again. Once I buy the new ones, I'll post these up for give away. For freebies they are pretty solid lol

FNGsport

I have had the Sunpies for about 6 months with no issues. Did the same and zip tied between the wires on the connectors, connection was fine, but just for safe measure. The light output is much better than factory and the beam cutoff is surprisingly good I think I paid $160 and picked up matching fogs for $50. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464262697.238366.jpg

deezus

View attachment 204600

Yes, I have a version of these, make sure the little box connector on included harness isn't below headlights hanging down as for some reason will cause that hi-beam to not come on. Mine have been working great and I also have the smoked led taillights.

Top Bottom