Rear Axel Question

PJF14

I recently added a 2.5 Skyjacker lift to my 2012 JK unlimited and when I went to get my jeep aligned because it was pulling to the left a little bit they told me that my rear axle has shifted and they could not align it. Basically my passenger side of my rear axle has shifted forward a little bit and the driver side has shifted back. You can actually see it. I've tried to do some research on this but I not the best mechanic.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I also have 33x12.50 Mickey Thomson Baja MTZ on it.
Skyjacker lift JK2500
Bilstein 5100 Shocks

Thanks,
PJF

photo 2.jpg

Robar

The Enforcer
With your lift and tires the shift forward and back is very limited and probably not worth messing with. This forward and back shift should not cause the pulling to the right or left. If your axles are off center left to right then adjustable track bars would dial that in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming you're still running factory control arms, there's no way this could be true UNLESS, you have a bent lower control arm or blown out bushing. I suppose it is possible if one of the bolts are loose but, the mouting holes are not slotted so there really wouldn't be that much room for enough movement to actually see this. Now, if you have adjustable arms, they just need to be set properly.

PJF14

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not have adjustable lower control arms or adjustable lower track bar. Looks like i'll be investing in them.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom