Tore carrier project went wrong...

Jeep2010

So I made a mistake buying the tire carrier I did. It was damaging the body and rattling like no other. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464100811.346720.jpg
Best picture I have of it. But anyways it was time to get rid of it and search for a new option. But taking it off was a shit show from the start. I couldn't get the bolts off the carrier because they pretty much rusted to it so I have to cut every bolt off of it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464100937.626395.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464100953.583304.jpg
And of course they just watched lol. But I finally got it off and ready to work on the body just to cover up the metal and paint that was damaged. Keep in mind I am color blind and when I went to go paint it I got brown instead of black. Oops. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464101044.276760.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464101056.352749.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464101072.823690.jpg
I am considering a new name for the jeep, skid mark lol. Hopefully you found my mess ups funny. And we kind of dropped the tire carrier on the tail light and just cracked it. But over all it was a funny project.

Jeep2010

Time for corner guards! Lol

That's my next project. Corner guards with led tail lights, and I'm on the fence about tire carriers. Either the ones that wrap around the tire or mounting one inside. I just don't like losing the cargo room but I'll hopefully have them ordered in the next couple weeks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Weird you had issues with it. I have been running mine for about 3 years now with no body damage issues other than the one time I forgot to close it and drove off lol. It dented my tailgate a little but nothing to the corners

Jeep2010

Weird you had issues with it. I have been running mine for about 3 years now with no body damage issues other than the one time I forgot to close it and drove off lol. It dented my tailgate a little but nothing to the corners

I tried running another sheet of metal so it would just damage that and I can switch it out when it gets bad but I was going through sheets so I just decided to take it off. It was nothing but problems and that's my fault for buying it.

JAGS

Hooked

Maybe you don't wheel that hard. 🤔[emoji6][emoji23]

Ddays

Hooked
That's my next project. Corner guards with led tail lights, and I'm on the fence about tire carriers. Either the ones that wrap around the tire or mounting one inside. I just don't like losing the cargo room but I'll hopefully have them ordered in the next couple weeks.

Do the EVO skins. That way you can carry tire in cargo area if you want or go with the EVO Carrier later. If there is a more stout carrier out there I wanna see it

Jeep2010

Do the EVO skins. That way you can carry tire in cargo area if you want or go with the EVO Carrier later. If there is a more stout carrier out there I wanna see it

Do you need the evo skins for their tire carrier to work?

Jeep2010

Not gonna lie, I laughed harder than I probably should have at this picture. Sorry about your troubles, but that is funny. :cheesy:

That's what it was suppose to be for lol. My girlfriend came over and I told her the tire carrier was off and paint was done and she asked to see it. So I showed her and she did the "ooh honey" type thing and I was so confused. Then she told me it was brown and we both busted out laughing. I'm getting corner guards anyways so oh well.

Top Bottom