Bouncing and a little flighty at high speeds

Dalton gang

Im experienceing a flighty front end while traveling 75 or so on the freeway. Tires balanced and rotated regularly. Any help would greatly appreciated. And take into consideration im not mr money bags hahaha. Also i have a 3 1/2 rubicon expess lift and rouph country shocks and stabilizer whitch i know i need to change out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Im experienceing a flighty front end while traveling 75 or so on the freeway. Tires balanced and rotated regularly. Any help would greatly appreciated. And take into consideration im not mr money bags hahaha. Also i have a 3 1/2 rubicon expess lift and rouph country shocks and stabilizer whitch i know i need to change out.

Check your shocks as they might be blown. Usually a bouncy ride comes from them being bad and your only riding on the springs

vitodivita

Probably blown shocks and your lift probably has no means of adjusting caster. Suggest new shocks and adjustable front lower control arms...

Ddays

Hooked
Had same issues with my RE lift before I replaced it. Check caster like suggested and also did you raise your front track bar? Drag link flip? What tire pressure are you running?

Dalton gang

Thanks guys, i dont have a drag link flip , or ajustible lower control arms, i do have ajustible track bars . Im running 37 pounds on 35s suggested psi i think

aldaman

For starters lower your PSI down to 28 - 30. Afterwards getting adjustable front lower control arms will help with your caster and the flighty / wandering feeling. Lastly, with that much lift a drag link flip kit will help with bump steer and make your track bar & drag link parallel with each other giving proper geometry..

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks guys, i dont have a drag link flip , or ajustible lower control arms, i do have ajustible track bars . Im running 37 pounds on 35s suggested psi i think

That's awfully high. Try dropping to 28& see if that helps any better yet do the chalk test

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have stated, try lowering your tire psi but also, you really should look into getting some adjustable front lower control arms so that you can add a bit more positive caster. That'll help with the flightiness you're feeling at highway speeds.

Dalton gang

Thanks loving the info , what do i do about the tire pressure monitor saying low pressure, and what brand arms do you guys recomend there are so many out there.

aldaman

Thanks loving the info , what do i do about the tire pressure monitor saying low pressure, and what brand arms do you guys recomend there are so many out there.

You could always get an AEV Procal or programmer to turn off the (_!_) light. As for the LCA, Evo or JKS to name a few...:beer:

Dalton gang

All I got to say is you guys kick ass!!! Checked my shocks they were fine, aired down to 29 psi before I went home and holly shit, night and day going 85 no problem no low pressure warning. WAYOLIFE ! !! Woooo! Lower control arms and I'm set 👍

Ddays

Hooked
All I got to say is you guys kick ass!!! Checked my shocks they were fine, aired down to 29 psi before I went home and holly shit, night and day going 85 no problem no low pressure warning. WAYOLIFE ! !! Woooo! Lower control arms and I'm set 

Sweet! Amazing how much of a difference that little of a change in pressure makes.

Top Bottom