Lift Questions

I have a 2013 JKUR, The gecko Green one that was on the first run on 2013.

My wife uses it as a daily driver to take the kids to school and back, i want to run at least 35" tires without rubbing. may eventually go to 37s but im not sure yet, my wife loves the factory wheels. im not sure if i can do a lift and tires all at the same time, i have been really looking at the rock krawler 2.5" lifts i know getting front adjustable controls is a smart thing to do. but my main issue is i am trying to avoid too much down time, kinda want something that i can bolt on. i also want to retain as much of the stock feel of driving it for my wife. any and all suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated...my budget will be kinda limited hopefully able to use my tax return for this. but if i need to save a bit longer than i can do that as well. i just like the factory flares for now and my wife loves the stock wheels. i know if we upgrade the tires then i will have to use spacers..what are your experiences with those?

Jeromey

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You really should be looking at a basic 2.5" coil spacer type budget boost kit with shock extensions. This will get you what you're wanting and for cheap. If needed, you can also add a 1" body lift without too much fuss or pain to the pocket. Most of the spring lifts will yield more than 2.5" of lift and that's where you start to feel the effects of not having enough positive caster. On a 2013, you would also need to address your front driveshaft as well being that most of the coil kits come with shocks that offer too much droop.

BTW, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family yesterday :)

jkhutchison09

^^x3
Went with a Rough Country 2.5 budget boost lift w/ factory shock adapters when I first bought mine. Had plenty of room for 35's and kept the factory wheels with spidertrax spacers. A buddy of mine and me did it in my driveway in a day with basic tools. I eventually upgraded but was happy with the lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will be eventually changing at least the front bumper and adding a winch.

Doesn't change anything. Once you do that, you can always stack a 1/2" or even 1" spacer on top of your other coil spacers to help make up the difference.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Im running Spidertrax wheelspacers 1.5" with stock Rubi wheels. No problem with them just follow directions use red loctite and re-torgue per specs. Eddie has a write up in Project-JK.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If that don't work...I don't see why it would not.

go to Project-JK
then to write ups
then to wheels & tires
click on spidertrax wheel spacers

Top Bottom