Dashboard and Radio

melmann

I apologize if this has already been addressed on another thread but I noticed that my dashboard and radio gets brighter and then dims pretty frequently. Is this a setting I don't know about? Just got my renegade so I haven't read through all the manuals yet. Thanks!

Ginz

Just fired up the Google machine. Apparently from what I saw it's a "feature" having to do with uconnect. Didn't see how to turn it off, or if it's possible.

RedNewt

1. Check the adjustment knob near the steering wheel (left side) that controls the lighting of your gauges and radio. Flip that around a bit to verify that the problem isn't from little bugger shorting.

2. Do you leave any items on your dash? Those kinds of things can roll over the light sensor. I haven't gone outside yet to verify where it is but most sensors are centered and closest to the windshield.

3. More unlikely, but check the settings on the radio. This probably isn't your cause just because it's more likely the radio is receiving the input to make the changes to the lighting from the steps 1 and 2.

Because you said your dash AND your radio are doing it it's probably step 1.

melmann

Thank you all! To my knowledge the lights are fine and working as they should. It was cloudy and pouring the day I noticed it and I was wondering if that was related. There are no items on the dash. I too saw a thread suggesting that it's a feature. I'll see what happens when my lights are not in the auto position and report back.

melmann

So it seems like the dimming and brightening only happens when the headlights are on. Its been cloudy so I still can't say if that's a contributing factor

Scrambler

So it seems like the dimming and brightening only happens when the headlights are on. Its been cloudy so I still can't say if that's a contributing factor

Ours dims with the light outside. I haven't figured out how to make it bright all the time or if it is even possible. It is completely normal.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thank you all! To my knowledge the lights are fine and working as they should. It was cloudy and pouring the day I noticed it and I was wondering if that was related. There are no items on the dash. I too saw a thread suggesting that it's a feature. I'll see what happens when my lights are not in the auto position and report back.

Your headlights will come on when your windshield wipers are on. When that happens the dashlights will dim to the brightness setting you have them set to. Same issue when your headlights come on at night. Should be able to adjust brightness with the knob on the turn signal.

melmann

Thanks y'all! That makes perfect sense. I hope it can be adjusted so it stays bright all the time. I feel like I'm at a disco with the constant dimming and brightening [emoji58]

Top Bottom