Which lift kit would you get?

RedNewt

So I am torn between lift kits right now. There is the DayStar 1.5" available right now OR I could hold off and wait for the Madness 2" still in development.

Which would you pick and why?

1. DayStar
2. Madness
3. Any other kits actively in development right now?

What do you guys think?

DAYSTAR
236629-add3-lg.jpg

MADNESS
JEEPrenegadeMADNESSparts-001-750x563.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We're running the Daystar kit now and have been really happy with it. If you haven't seen it before, here's a video that shows it being put to the test.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Those little Renegades are impressive. If it were me, I would do the Daystar lift. They have a good reputation and are a well established brand. I've never heard of the other company. Not that it's a bad thing, but why wait for a product with no production date for a 1/2"? Just my two cents.

FireHawk

I just had the DayStar kit installed, picking it up today when I get off work. From what I have read, 1.5" is about the most you can go on these Jeeps because of the suspension travel and driveshaft angle. I thought about the G Force 1" kit but like the look of the DayStar better, plus the option of bigger tires.

Im curious to see how the 2" kit comes along, if it ever actually happens. Madness have several things they have been working on for a long time that have never come to market. If you are holding out for that extra 1/2" just know it may very well be a long wait.

Also, the only drawback I see to the DayStar kit is having to lower the exhaust pipe too. I think this defeats the purpose of lifting the vehicle to gain ground clearance, but im sure someone will come up with a solution for that though.

RedNewt

@Firehawk - after a little more research and forum discussion reading I went ahead and got the Daystar lift. Should be getting here tomorrow. Thanks for the input. I will be curious if this kit comes with the black powder coat or the bare metal.

Question kit daystar.

Good morning,

I bought Daystar kit lift for Jeep Renegade 2.0 4x4. My mechanic assembled the kit on my car and has done the wheel alignment of the front side and back side. Now I’m driving the car on the road and when I make a pothole with one wheel I feel a movement of the posterior. I feel that the car is wobbly.

Which could be the cause of this movement?

Did you have the some experience with your car and how did you solve the problem?
Are there some standard values to use for tires alignment?
Thank you in advance.

WJCO

Meme King
And if the rear wheel don't go in the correct alignment?

If it won't fully go into spec, then you have to either buy or make an adjustment kit. If I remember right, Eddie's rear camber was slightly off, but he left it anyways and was going to keep an eye on the tire wear. He had a lift kit write-up about it somewhere.

"Another thing I need to note is that after having a 4 wheel alignment done, I found that the rear toe was still off by about 1°"

I think that this is also my problem.
I don't know if you understand my english/italian :) ;)

Frank the Fixer

Torn as well about the lift kit choices

I really like the Daystar kit but I saw a 5.5 cm lift advertised on the G Force Italian site. Doing the translation it said "The rise Extreme kit allows , through the use of special aluminum brackets and springs including , of 5.5 cm raise your New Jeep Renegade . The rear wheels centering kit also allows the realignment of the rear wheels as standard ." Does anybody know about this kit? I would like the 2" as opposed to the 1.5" of the Daystar.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I really like the Daystar kit but I saw a 5.5 cm lift advertised on the G Force Italian site. Doing the translation it said "The rise Extreme kit allows , through the use of special aluminum brackets and springs including , of 5.5 cm raise your New Jeep Renegade . The rear wheels centering kit also allows the realignment of the rear wheels as standard ." Does anybody know about this kit? I would like the 2" as opposed to the 1.5" of the Daystar.

There are people on ToasterJeep running the G Force kit

Top Bottom