Bestop locking drawer

cdl

Does anyone with a 2013 Jk know if the Bestop Locking CCW drawer will fit under the front seats if they are heated?

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, don't know this for sure but, I can tell you that Tuffy has two different versions, one for 2007-10 and one for 2011-up. I would assume that the same problems they ran into would be seen on a Bestop.

cdl

Thanks for the response, do you have an opinion on Tuffy vs. Bestop as far as quality goes?

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the response, do you have an opinion on Tuffy vs. Bestop as far as quality goes?

Thanks

Oh yeah, the Tuffy drawer is WAY better. Much stronger, built better and will actually do a better job of storing a larger pistol. I can fit a .45 in mine without any problems whereas in a Bestop drawer you can't.

main.php

Here's a write-up I did for mine.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...-carry-underseat-drawer-installation-write-up

Deuane

Thanks

I have the bestop under the seat storage box on the driver side, the only issue I have with it is the lock it self, even though I tighted the lock part, the locking mechinsim suck, sometime you have to play around with it, to unluck it...
Bestop is cheaper $52.99, Tuffy is 114.99 maybe it worth to pay that much to have a good storage without any issue..

rfoust

I have the bestop under my driver seat and love it. I had to remove the bracket that holds the heated seat cable but it was pretty easy to do. If you have a '12 or '13 Unlimited 4-door, it will fit. It will *not* fit in '12/'13 2-door jeep. No idea about older year jeeps.

TrailRidden

Does anyone with a 2013 Jk know if the Bestop Locking CCW drawer will fit under the front seats if they are heated?

Thanks

I believe it comes with instructions that will included for use with heated seats. I thinks its just a matter of moving the wire harness. Not too sure.

Top Bottom