Bad clutch slave cylinder or throwing bearing?

Wethy

Throw out bearing-*** not throwing stupid autocorrect

I can't tell whether it's one or the other. It's a 2014 sport. Would appreciate more experienced folks opinions.

Here's a video of the sound.

https://youtu.be/B2ZfR_aC5JU

It only
Makes that sound when the motor is warm for reference.

JeepJeep75

I believe what you have here is a common jk throw out bearing/slave cylinder issue. Mine makes an under chassis clicking that happens exactly the same as yours as the pedal is pressed but the noise isn't heard inside, yet. Mine started at around 6k miles and is steadily getting louder. The noise I hear is higher pitched, but exactly the same as yours in relation to the pedal stroke. I'm not sure how this can be fixed other that having the dealer install another factory fresh defective part with the drivetrain warranty. You could try an after market slave cylinder and bearing if your warranty is expired.

WJCO

Meme King
I would have a helper push the pedal while you go around and try to find the noise. If it's coming from inside the bell housing the trans will have to come out anyway. It also could end up being just a noise and won't cause you any issues. Hard to say.

Wethy

I would have a helper push the pedal while you go around and try to find the noise. If it's coming from inside the bell housing the trans will have to come out anyway. It also could end up being just a noise and won't cause you any issues. Hard to say.

I had my dad push the pedal and it sounds like it's coming from inside the housing, but I'm just not sure. And it doesn't feel like the clicking is causing an issue, but I'd rather get it figured out so that I atleast know

LAJK

So you think it's the Slave cylinder not the throw out bearing? Because that's a lot easier/cheaper to fix!

I do. Mine had the same issue right before it was done for. Once i installed the new one no more noice.

Top Bottom