2007-2012 JK Air Bag Recall

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Not sure if everyone knows this or not, maybe I'm late to the party...

Takata is recalling a ton of faulty air bags including "2007-12 Jeep Wrangler SUVs". Read it in the LA Times, don't think I'm supposed to link it though.

The air bags have caused 11 deaths and 100 injuries when they, "blow apart a metal canister designed to contain the explosion, spewing hot shrapnel into vehicles." Most common in hot and humid climates.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Not sure if everyone knows this or not, maybe I'm late to the party...

Takata is recalling a ton of faulty air bags including "2007-12 Jeep Wrangler SUVs". Read it in the LA Times, don't think I'm supposed to link it though.

The air bags have caused 11 deaths and 100 injuries when they, "blow apart a metal canister designed to contain the explosion, spewing hot shrapnel into vehicles." Most common in hot and humid climates.

I haven't heard anything about jeep having an issue. I looked up the VIN on my 2012 and it says there is no trouble. Wonder if it's all models

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I haven't heard anything about jeep having an issue. I looked up the VIN on my 2012 and it says there is no trouble. Wonder if it's all models

I checked my 2009 VIN and didn't come up with anything either, but the article was written today so I'm going to check back a few times later. The air bag is one thing that I'd like to work when I need it.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Looked it up on the NHTSA site by model and it did show an open investigation for 2 recalls with the "air bag clock spring wiring failure". I guess since it still shows as an open investigation it doesn't show up when you search by VIN.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have a 2012 JUK Rubi. I'll be curious if this is going to affect me. I still haven't taken care of the heated mirrors recall yet..haha. Last time I had it into the dealership I didn't have my doors on.. ;)

Edit: here is the link to look up your vehicle https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I talked to the dealer this week and they do have the two airbag recalls pending on my VIN now. When the parts come in they are going to notify me to set up a time and fix them both.

keno4x4

When I called the 800 number on the card the girl told me that the states that have more humidity will be serviced first A, about October if the parts come in, then will follow the pattern on the map B & C.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473002183.610657.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I received the recall for the airbags, now have 2 recalls pending until Chrysler notifies that a solution is in place - clock spring and airbag.

Christarp

I got this notice as well, and the dealership told me the parts wouldnt be available to perform the recall until january next year. I also have the clockspring one but he said as long as there's no issues with that I can just wait and do that at the same time I get the new airbag.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I received the recall for the airbags, now have 2 recalls pending until Chrysler notifies that a solution is in place - clock spring and airbag.

I'm in the same boat...its good to know about it but it would be nice to have it fixed.

Top Bottom