Tonneau/Duster Covers

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Hey y'all,

I have a Bikini Top that I love running. However, I have gotten to the point where I ALWAYS have my tools and a cooler with me in the back end and don't particularly want to leave out in the open to be stolen or exposed. So now that that time of year to take the hard top off has come around I'm looking to get a Tonneau cover for the back and wondering if/what others have as far as brand and style and what the pro's con's are.

With that being said I've been looking at the Smittybilt in Black Diamond or the Pavement Ends mainly due to price.

boardsurfer

There isnt a whole lot of differentiation with tonneau covers, aside from the quality of the fabric itself. I have a bestop set with bikini and deck cover. My only complaint is if it rains hard, it sometimes gathers in a pool in the back. What I really want is a safari top that extends to the back of the roll bar, with the deck cover. It keeps the rain pools away and I think it looks better. I ran this on my LJ back in the day. The only problem is bestop doesnt make that combo. The only way to get a safari top is to buy a trektop and pull the windows. Very frustrating.

KJ_CJtoJK

I have had the Pavement Ends tonneau cover for 3 years (this will be my 4th summer) and it still is in very good shape. I am very happy with it. I take my hardtop off every summer for the whole summer and i have the tonneau cover on the whole time the top is off (my jeep is a daily driver).

I also have the back window that straps to the sport bar and zips into the tonneau cover for the occasional California rain storms in the spring and early fall before I put the hardtop back on for the winter. I only add the rear window when the rain is falling and remove it immediately after the rain is over. This works well to keep the interior dry during occasional rain storms.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
There isnt a whole lot of differentiation with tonneau covers, aside from the quality of the fabric itself. I have a bestop set with bikini and deck cover. My only complaint is if it rains hard, it sometimes gathers in a pool in the back. What I really want is a safari top that extends to the back of the roll bar, with the deck cover. It keeps the rain pools away and I think it looks better. I ran this on my LJ back in the day. The only problem is bestop doesnt make that combo. The only way to get a safari top is to buy a trektop and pull the windows. Very frustrating.

Are you meaning all the way to the tub or just to where the cage angles back?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I have had the Pavement Ends tonneau cover for 3 years (this will be my 4th summer) and it still is in very good shape. I am very happy with it. I take my hardtop off every summer for the whole summer and i have the tonneau cover on the whole time the top is off (my jeep is a daily driver).

I also have the back window that straps to the sport bar and zips into the tonneau cover for the occasional California rain storms in the spring and early fall before I put the hardtop back on for the winter. I only add the rear window when the rain is falling and remove it immediately after the rain is over. This works well to keep the interior dry during occasional rain storms.

Thanks! I think i'm going to go with the Pavement Ends. Its made by Bestop so I'm assuming its probably better quality than smittybilt...

Top Bottom