New coils for weight?

10abadilla/jk

Right now I have a 3 in lift on my jeep. I have a front rock crawl bumper and I plan to put a rear one as well as sliders. My concern is weight. All of the items are steel and I figure that may put a load on the suspension. Can I put 4in coils to handle the load and compensate and not have to change anything from my 3in lift? I was thinking of getting just like a stage one 4in lift kit. I should have enough travel on my shocks I hope.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Unless you want to go to a 4 inch lift your 3 inch lift should be ok. You didn't state what lift you have. It is not uncommon to add a 1000 lbs of sprung weight and the springs handle it pretty well. If you go to 4 inch coils, your rear shocks and brake lines will be too short. There may be some other issues as well.

10abadilla/jk

It was lifted when I bought it from the dealer so I'm not sure what lift kit it is. After market shocks. They are fox. I want to eventually go to coil overs. I appreciate the information thank you.

Coop

Caught the Bug
It was lifted when I bought it from the dealer so I'm not sure what lift kit it is. After market shocks. They are fox. I want to eventually go to coil overs. I appreciate the information thank you.
Take your time and save your money! Measure your lift as it stands now. Several recent threads on how to do that. When you add the weight, keep an eye on it. My lift, which is also 3 inch didn't move measurably. My 3 inch resulted in nearly 3 1/2 inches initially and is still over 3 inches with bumpers, winch, 37 inch bead lock spare and trail gear.

10abadilla/jk

Will do. I measured the height given form the oem specs height and I'm at 3 exactly. I have 33s on 17 kmc spare plus the front crawler bumper and haven't weighed it down lower then 3 yet. I was just a bit concerned that the sliders, winch, rear crawler bumper and gas tanks may put quite a load on it. But you seem to not have that issue so puts me at ease a little. Thank you for the info again. I will continue to keep an eye on it. I do have a question though. What do you think my options are if it does drop lower then 3? My guess would be a 4in lift kit.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What coils are you currently running? Teraflex yields 1+ inches over advertised height, EVO and RK stay pretty true.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm not sure what a stage 1 lift kit is, but coil spacers in the back are a good option until you get your coil over setup

Top Bottom