Four or five tire rotation

rich67

Caught the Bug
Getting ready to do the first rotation on my new tire/wheel setup. I did 5 tire rotations on my stock wheels and tires. Wanted to get opinions on whether to keep doing it with the KO2's or to reduce it to the 4 tire rotation so I have a fresh tire always on the back. Only advantage I see with that is not having to buy 5 tires when these wear out. Opinions? Reasons? Open to all..thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I do a 5 tire rotation. It extends the life of the tires and allows them all to wear evenly. When your paying as much as we do for tires you mine as well get the most out of them

dannymalkin

I do a 5 tire rotation as well, is this how everyone does theirs or are the other patterns?

Attachments

• 1464625292871.jpg
    1464625292871.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 233

jagrubb99

5-tire rotation here also. Yes you have to buy 5 tires but being off it would bother me to carry around a brand new spare the whole time. Plus I figure if you only rotate 4, your spare will dry rot and you have to buy 5 at some point. You bought 5, why not use them. And to the above, that's the same rotation I use.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
5 tire rotation here, and if you bought them from Discount Tire, they will do a 5 tire rotation every 5k miles for free

JeepDrum

I just did my first rotation with this set a few weeks ago and rotated the spare in. I used the method shown in the diagram. I figure I might as well use all 5. It will extend the life of the set by 20%.

jesse3638

Hooked
I do the same 5 tire rotation using that pattern. Plus I read somewhere on the internet if you rotate in a brand new spare with tires that are severely worn the size difference could make your ABS throw a fit. Not sure if this is true or not.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
While we can all agree that one should rotate all five, any opinions on rotation intervals? How many miles between rotations?

Last edited:
Top Bottom