JKU Rubicon rocksliders

Cptcoob

Hi everyone from Tempe AZ,
I currently have the original rocksliders on my JKU Rubicon. I was wondering if they are worth keeping or if I should switch them for something stronger. I'm looking to do a trip out to MOAB this September and would like to also do the Rubicon trail in the near future.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
They can handle sliding over some stuff. If you come down semi-hard on them they'll contact the body. My suggestion is to ditch them and go frame mounted sliders.

Napalm

I think they are great! I have a Sport and threw them on mine because they look good and the added protection is just enough for my level of wheeling.

TennJK

Hi everyone from Tempe AZ,
I currently have the original rocksliders on my JKU Rubicon. I was wondering if they are worth keeping or if I should switch them for something stronger. I'm looking to do a trip out to MOAB this September and would like to also do the Rubicon trail in the near future.

Welcome to WAL! I learned this weekend that they can take a good beating. But if you want some more beef then I recommend EVO

Tree Frog

Welcome to WAL.
Please dont take this the wrong way, as I only intend to help you and others.

These factory Rubicon rails are effing garbage.
The very first time mine encountered a small stump they got pushed up into the body tub and bent the body flange thing they mount to.
I was climbing a sort of steep hill, I put my front left tire up on the stump and drove over it. As soon as I came down the damage was done. As I attempted to get off the stump, things only got worse and I ended up flattening most of the angle gussets that hold the body tub onto the frame. The flange on the bottom of the tub was also bent and required a lot of work to get it somewhat strait again.
The body tub mounts were just about impossible to straighten out. I did alright but without cutting them off and starting over, they will never be 100 percent again.

Later on that day I caught the Passenger side on another larger stump and it to was pushed right in and up like it was not even there.

I know people that swear by them and all the more power to em. I guess they are better than nothing.

Currently running Poison Spyder Rocker Brawlers. I have had to recoat them 3 times now from tree rubs. It is real tight where I wheel. These Rocker Brawlers have held up well.
Most guys on here dont like them as they are body mounted with skins that attach to the body with nut-zerts.
The old Northridge 4X4 Jeep Rodney took a big whack and somehow it transfered damage all the way up to the hardtop.
I have came off ledges and banged down hard on rocks with nothing more than a clang. They cover up the body tub flanges I bent for the most part. With a very minor cut they work with EVO long arms just fine.

Everybody on here likes the EVO frame mounted (Welded on) sliders. From the videos I have seen and guys I have ran with that have them, you probably wont find a better slider.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I didn't notice the damage to the body until I removed the factory ones and saw where it was dented in. But I smacked em good a couple times. If you look at the mounts underneath you'll see there's not much there to keep them rigid. Really boils down to how you're going to use your jeep as well. I look at the sliders as not only protection but as an aid (pivot point) when wheeling. I wouldn't want to pivot the entire weight of the jeep on the factory sliders based on my experience.

Cptcoob

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Looks like I'll be going shopping soon! Nice talking to you all!

They are rub rails only. They aren't sliders as they were never meant to take the full weight like frame mounted sliders are

Top Bottom