Stock tie rod is done.

toyotire

so after 50,000 miles stock tie rod is tired :). the Yeti looks like pure beef and the drag link with the new Griffin looks pretty enticing.

OJK12

I'd prolly just replace it with another stock setup unless you really feel like you need something stronger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd look at Ruff Stuff too. Looks solid and won't break the bank either.

I've got this after bending my stock tie rod pretty good just on the stock tires. I'm now running 37's and have a hard time figuring out how folks are able to run the stock tie rod on bigger tires. I did somehow manage to slightly bend the ruff stuff rod the other weekend. Barely noticeable, but there is a slight frown. The 1 ton ends seem to be holding up pretty well still and the slight bend in it is no big deal. For the money, I'd make the same choice over again.

toyotire

I am curious if anyone actually is running the yeti set up? The SEMA show is what got me thinking about them as steersmart seems like a proven company with millions of miles on their products.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I am curious if anyone actually is running the yeti set up? The SEMA show is what got me thinking about them as steersmart seems like a proven company with millions of miles on their products.

Did you read through the thread that wayoflife posted?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

The sema show that was 6 months ago got you thinking about it today? Wow, that's impressive.

toyotire

Must be a little slow in the head if he just started thinking of it today

I admit I am slow and not up to date as I should be. I just found some SEMA coverage in a jeep magazine I was reading. Sorry I realize I am not swift enough for the internet.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I admit I am slow and not up to date as I should be. I just found some SEMA coverage in a jeep magazine I was reading. Sorry I realize I am not swift enough for the internet.

Then maybe you should go back and read that thread Wayalife shared with you about steersmarts then come back again and still see if you want their product

Top Bottom