Chamber pro 2 opinions

Jk909

I was going to buy a set of level 8 bully pros but I came across a set of chamber pro 2's for my 2 door jk. The guy selling them is only asking $20 more per wheel than the bully pros. Any advice from the veterans would be appreciated. Should I go pick them up or not?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's what I run on both my JK's now and I would definitely take a well made bead lock with a super thick ring for just a bit more.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love my chamber pro's. Great beadlock wheel. Seems like a great price. Just make sure it's the right bolt pattern and your good to go

Jk909

I'm also curious about how you guys get them balance considering they aren't street legal?

Ddays

Hooked
I'm also curious about how you guys get them balance considering they aren't street legal?

No balancing needed on mine but a lot depends on the tire. Just mounted mine up a couple months ago & still doing great. Love these wheels. Cant go wrong with them.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

I've got slabs and TG's, have a slight shimmy right around 50 but nothing bad. I did call around and found a place that would balance em. Basically any big name place will tell you no. Just find a smaller mom and pop type place and tell them what you got. You'll be able to find someone if you think you need em balanced. At least that's been my experience.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I took them to a shop and got road force balanced for the slight bit they were off. The shop didn't ask any questions. Just used some sticky weights on the inside of the wheel

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

My last two sets of beadlocks I got lifetime rotations and balancing at my local discount tire. They won't mount them but they will balance and rotate them no issue

Jk909

Was it hard for you guys to mount them? I'm going to pick up a new set of nitto trail grapplers for them

Ddays

Hooked
Watch this video: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...b-Bead-Lock-Wheels-Video-w-Off-Road-Evolution

It's really not that hard to do these. The first one you learn on and the rest are easy. The beads on the Trail Graps are more pliable that the Coopers I installed and
had me questioning my abilities after watching Mel slam them on the slabs he demo'd. After sending Eddie 5 panicky PM's asking him what the hell am I doing wrong
I finally figured it out.

Once you get the tire on the wheel its just a process of chasing the bolts around until they're all torqued at 23ft-lbs. Throw 'em on & do a test drive. You may not need to balance them
if you're lucky.

Stick

It's wasn't hard at all just a little time consuming. That video in the link above made me decide to do it myself.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you're going to balance them (if its even needed) save your $$ & do traditional balancing. Seems like 1 out of 10 say the beads actually do anything...

And by tradition you mean road force balance not a static balance

Ddays

Hooked
And by tradition you mean road force balance not a static balance

Yup :thumb:

How much weight did your wheels need Coz? I'm getting my inspection done tomorrow and just for the hell of it they're gonna put one wheel on their machine to see how close it is or if it needs any weights.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yup :thumb:

How much weight did your wheels need Coz? I'm getting my inspection done tomorrow and just for the hell of it they're gonna put one wheel on their machine to see how close it is or if it needs any weights.

I honestly forget. Wasn't much. Maybe 4oz each wheel?

Top Bottom