2016 grand Cherokee flat towing a 08 JKU

sbakewell

Trip planned to Colorado from Detroit. Thought about trying to flat tow 2008 JKU (manual trans) behind the 2016 hemi factory towing package with air suspension. Crazy idea? Thoughts?

deadguy

I towed my 2 door on a 16 steel trailer with my wife's 15 GC v6 and it did awesome. The 8 speed trans is an awesome piece. It had the tow package with the self leveling (non air) rear suspension. I did have a WD hitch and a brake controller as well.

TennJK

Not a crazy idea. But you'll sure know it's back there. If the vehicle towing was substantially heavier then it would be different. But we flat tow my rig and we've had it behind a Tahoe when I blew the transmission a while back. Make sure your assembly is sturdy and if you worry then get a braking system. I would venture to say trailer towing would be better behind that small of a rig. Just my 2 cents[emoji106]🏼 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464932162.314315.jpg

deadguy

Not a crazy idea. But you'll sure know it's back there. If the vehicle towing was substantially heavier then it would be different. But we flat tow my rig and we've had it behind a Tahoe when I blew the transmission a while back. Make sure your assembly is sturdy and if you worry then get a braking system. I would venture to say trailer towing would be better behind that small of a rig. Just my 2 cents[emoji106]🏼 View attachment 206398

Absolutely..... anyone that tells you "I don't even feel it back there" is out of thier minds

scblock

Absolutely..... anyone that tells you "I don't even feel it back there" is out of thier minds

I think you're generally right, though I do believe my friend when he says that about towing his JK from Arizona back to Seattle behind an LMTV :shakinghead:.

1463377011-29866-394-obs.jpg

Top Bottom