Mesh top.

My wife and I are going to the Keys for a week at the end of the month. Since she is a redhead and burns super easy I want to get a mesh top for some shade while topless. I never knew there were so many different ones out there. I knew about spiderweb shades, but then I found alien shades which look exactly the same for half the price. Jeep tops USA are twice the price and have som neat features but I don't know if they are that neat. Bartact is just a little more than the spiderweb and has a lot of the same features as the jeep top and they make awesome seat covers. Does anyone have any experience with these tops? My wife wants to get the best possible one. I'm 6'2" so I'm leaning towards the bar tact for the extra head room. Thanks in advance for any advice.

swampdog

My wife and I are going to the Keys for a week at the end of the month. Since she is a redhead and burns super easy I want to get a mesh top for some shade while topless. I never knew there were so many different ones out there. I knew about spiderweb shades, but then I found alien shades which look exactly the same for half the price. Jeep tops USA are twice the price and have som neat features but I don't know if they are that neat. Bartact is just a little more than the spiderweb and has a lot of the same features as the jeep top and they make awesome seat covers. Does anyone have any experience with these tops? My wife wants to get the best possible one. I'm 6'2" so I'm leaning towards the bar tact for the extra head room. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have the Bartact shade and would highly recommend it. I like that the shade covers to the edge of the bar (no gaps), it's very tight, and blocks lots of sun while still allowing plenty of airflow. I'm 6'4" and my head has never touched the shade. A+ product.

projectMMTB

I'm 6'2" and have the spiderweb shade and have no complaints with it at all. I don't touch while sitting.

You can also get tons of different designs other than just the basic colors they list on their website.

Mine took 2 extra weeks and a little more money because it was a custom order. It's black with a grey American flag and looks amazing.

TRLJNKY

I went cheap with Rugged Ridge and still love it. Stays on all the time even with the top on. Makes a hell of a difference no more bakin while driving

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I have the spiderweb shade jkini I think it's called. Only covers the front. I'm very happy with it but it does leave gaps here and there. Doesn't bother me but just want to make sure you're aware. It's made a huge difference in the comfort of riding around in the beating sun.

werks

I run the Bartac on my JKU also and really like it! I'm 6'3" and it easily clears my head so no rubbing issues and as mentioned previously no gap at the header. Plus there are a lot of straps mounted in different spots on the Bratac shade which makes it easy to adjust tension on it to keep it taut, so no sagging or flapping around while driving.

I'm 6'2" and have the spiderweb shade and have no complaints with it at all. I don't touch while sitting.

You can also get tons of different designs other than just the basic colors they list on their website.

Mine took 2 extra weeks and a little more money because it was a custom order. It's black with a grey American flag and looks amazing.

That design sounds really cool. do you have any pictures of it?

Grubbicon

I have a Gearshade and borrowed a spiderweb shade before. Personally I think the spiderweb shade fits a bit tighter but the pockets in the front of the gearshade are nice to have.

I have the Bartact shade and would highly recommend it. I like that the shade covers to the edge of the bar (no gaps), it's very tight, and blocks lots of sun while still allowing plenty of airflow. I'm 6'4" and my head has never touched the shade. A+ product.

I run the Bartac on my JKU also and really like it! I'm 6'3" and it easily clears my head so no rubbing issues and as mentioned previously no gap at the header. Plus there are a lot of straps mounted in different spots on the Bratac shade which makes it easy to adjust tension on it to keep it taut, so no sagging or flapping around while driving.

I am leaning towards this one as it is taller and doesn't have any gaps.

I have the spiderweb shade jkini I think it's called. Only covers the front. I'm very happy with it but it does leave gaps here and there. Doesn't bother me but just want to make sure you're aware. It's made a huge difference in the comfort of riding around in the beating sun.

I looked at that one too but gaps are a no go with a ginger she would roast from those.

cav♤fighter;714550 said:
I went cheap with Rugged Ridge and still love it. Stays on all the time even with the top on. Makes a hell of a difference no more bakin while driving

I have a Gearshade and borrowed a spiderweb shade before. Personally I think the spiderweb shade fits a bit tighter but the pockets in the front of the gearshade are nice to have.

Now I have two more to research lol

TRLJNKY

Heres the Rugged Ridge installed. Cost me $60-70 I believe. Well worth it but there is probably better ones out there as some have recommended. I wanted something functional and it serves my purpose well. Regardless wich way you go, you will be alot happier with the setup

Attachments

• 1464968528869.jpg
    1464968528869.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 1464968537988.jpg
    1464968537988.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 149
cav♤fighter;714775 said:
Heres the Rugged Ridge installed. Cost me $60-70 I believe. Well worth it but there is probably better ones out there as some have recommended. I wanted something functional and it serves my purpose well. Regardless wich way you go, you will be alot happier with the setup

I have this same red rugged ridge one on my 4 door...but just for the front freedom panels. Works exactly for what I got it for. Spiderwebshade makes good stuff as well and pretty popular in that space.

projectMMTB

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464970530.336213.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464970563.752475.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464970595.768984.jpg
I don't have one of the spider balls in so it would be a little tighter but that's what it looks like
If you don't want the hole thing you can order the one that just covers the front
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464970655.681859.jpg
I love it
It looks good and noticeably cuts down on wind and dramatically helps with the sun beating down on your head. But you don't sacrifice the feeling of having the top off

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464970583.611189.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464970583.611189.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 153
Top Bottom