Mopar heavy duty jk front Dana 44 housing

Jeeper125

Thank for the reply, will I be able to use an after market locker like eaton or arb or do I have to use the rubi locker

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Thank for the reply, will I be able to use an after market locker like eaton or arb or do I have to use the rubi locker

Yes, you can use an aftermarket locker. I believe ARB makes one.

Just remember, you will need shafts, locker, gears, balljoints, etc.

Might be more money then its worth for a rubicon dana 44. By the time you buy the locker and shafts and everything, you'd be better off buying a prorock 44 for a couple more dollars.

JTPhoto JK

It is a JKD44HD/J8 it is a Rubi housing with heavier J8 tubes and slightly heavier Cs. I built one last fall. It is a direct swap for the original Rubi D44.

I have yet to see a bent C on even a JK D30. Tubes bend at C joint giving the appearance that the C is bent. Lots of talk but no photos or proof of this.

Last edited:

Jeeper125

It is a JKD44HD/J8 it is a Rubi housing with heavier J8 tubes and slightly heavier Cs. I built one last fall. It is a direct swap for the original Rubi D44.

I have yet to see a bent C on even a JK D30. Tubes bend at C joint giving the appearance that the C is bent. Lots of talk but no photos or proof of this.

Did you c gusset the housing

JTPhoto JK

Did you c gusset the housing

No .. I don't think it needs it. With the heavier tubes and bit heavier Cs I am comfortable with it as is.

I have had a front end collision where the front wheel on my Factory D30 took the hit and if that doesn't bend a C or Tube on a D30 I am certainly OK with this one.

Top Bottom