First mod....

pinkcamotexan

Sunday I traded in my F150 for my Jeep. I had train horns on my truck and pretty much demanded that they get installed on the jeep. The guy said "no problem!" Well just got the call that the compressor and horns won't fit unless I change out the exhaust. So I guess I will be buying one this weekend! Any suggestions???

I guess i don't understand what changing the exhaust and mounting a horn have in common:thinking: where exactly are they trying to mount it and what part of the exhaust specifically is interfering with it?

There are some pretty good aftermarket exhausts available for the jk from companies like dynomax and magnaflow but before you go throwing good money down the drain i would figure out first what you'll need for your application fitment wise and go from there.

pinkcamotexan

They are saying there isn't enough room for the compressor and horns. The stock exhaust is pretty big for whatever reason. Like I told the guy on the phone, I can bullshit! Before I do anything I'm gonna take it to my guy at Kool Kars here in Katy and see what he has to say. I trust him. I sure do miss my train horns!! I could have used them at least 10 times since Sunday!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I guess the real question is where are they trying to mount the compressor and horns?

pinkcamotexan

They are saying the only place is where the exhaust is......again I call bullshit! I will go out and take a pic and post. Give me a second to do that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They are saying the only place is where the exhaust is......again I call bullshit! I will go out and take a pic and post. Give me a second to do that.

Ok well tell them they are dumbasses cause there is a decent amount of room under the hood, down by the evap canister, under the passenger seat, in the rear storage cubby, the list goes on

A.J.

Depends on how big the train horns and air tank etc. are to run them. I have see some that are pretty big. Easiest fix is to do the dynomax with a turn down near the evap canister and put the horns in the stock muffler location. As long as you don't mind a little more noisy exhaust.

pinkcamotexan

Depends on how big the train horns and air tank etc. are to run them. I have see some that are pretty big. Easiest fix is to do the dynomax with a turn down near the evap canister and put the horns in the stock muffler location. As long as you don't mind a little more noisy exhaust.

I got the medium sized horns. Hell there wasn't enough room under the F150 without removing the spare tire. I think they are trying to install the compressor and the horns side by side. Thing is, that isn't necessary. The compressor can be installed mid vehicle and the horns in the back. I think these jokers are trying to get out of doing the install at the dealership. Well, that ain't gonna happen. According to the paperwork I signed, they owe me the removal from my truck and install on the Jeep!!

A.J.

You are probably right. Just suggest to them to sublet the job out to kool kars. Easier for everyone involved. Lol!

pinkcamotexan

You are probably right. Just suggest to them to sublet the job out to kool kars. Easier for everyone involved. Lol!

LOL and no one gets hurt right?!? Seriously though, I think they are trying to weasel their way out of the install. They got the sell of the Jeep and that's all that matters in their eyes!

JeepJeep75

I got the medium sized horns. Hell there wasn't enough room under the F150 without removing the spare tire. I think they are trying to install the compressor and the horns side by side. Thing is, that isn't necessary. The compressor can be installed mid vehicle and the horns in the back. I think these jokers are trying to get out of doing the install at the dealership. Well, that ain't gonna happen. According to the paperwork I signed, they owe me the removal from my truck and install on the Jeep!!

You should consider putting the train horns on their own switch. If you have them activated via the factory horn, there is an annoying 1+ second delay between the time you hit the steering wheel to the time the horn sounds. I hate that there is no fix for this! [emoji35]

pinkcamotexan

You should consider putting the train horns on their own switch. If you have them activated via the factory horn, there is an annoying 1+ second delay between the time you hit the steering wheel to the time the horn sounds. I hate that there is no fix for this! [emoji35]

I completely agree!!!!! ;)

WJCO

Meme King
Most of the setups I've seen are large and mount on the frame. While I can see where the dealer is coming from, a little critical thinking could probably get the job done.

pinkcamotexan

Most of the setups I've seen are large and mount on the frame. While I can see where the dealer is coming from, a little critical thinking could probably get the job done.

All I want is for them to at least try. The dude at the dealership today tried to tell me the place they use is closed on Saturday. At that moment I knew he was dicking me around. So I promptly asked for the GM. We chatted and he is making it happen!!!

Top Bottom