Hydro Dipping...Post up pics

Sullivan

So has anyone else done any hydro Dipping to their jeep? Didnt find anything on the topic and wonder who all have done it?
I have my Grill, Hood louver and a set of fire extinguishers done.

Hood 3.jpg Hood 1.jpg Hydro clip.jpg Hydro 1.jpg

xxJWPxx

I don't know much about hydro dipping. Just heard about for the first time a few months ago. Looks cool with the skulls in that blue, almost like it's airbrushed.

BdugJK

I am going to have to do some research on this cause that is pretty bad ass! How about the 15 second run down? :thinking:

Sullivan

I am going to have to do some research on this cause that is pretty bad ass! How about the 15 second run down? :thinking:

It's basically just another step in painting. Lay down the base coat and let dry. Then comes the hydro. There are a printed film designs that you can pick from. And there are a ton of them. The film gets later into a special tub of water and then activator is sprayed. Dip the object and remove. Then clear coat it.

The best part about it is it can have way more detail then airbrush and it's WAY less expensive. Also, it gets into every nook and curve or tiny spot on the part. I have a video of the grill being done. I'll try to find it.

Sullivan

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465045913.189838.jpg
There is a chance I might hydro dip my fender armor too. For no other reason except, why not. I can always repaint them if I don't like it.

Evil

Hydro dipping is good shit if its done right. I don't have any Jeep parts done but I do have a few rifles that have been dipped. :thumb:

BdugJK

It's basically just another step in painting. Lay down the base coat and let dry. Then comes the hydro. There are a printed film designs that you can pick from. And there are a ton of them. The film gets later into a special tub of water and then activator is sprayed. Dip the object and remove. Then clear coat it.

The best part about it is it can have way more detail then airbrush and it's WAY less expensive. Also, it gets into every nook and curve or tiny spot on the part. I have a video of the grill being done. I'll try to find it.

Awesome thanks man!

Top Bottom