Front driveshaft boot

Lone Ranger

I have a 2007 JKU with a 2.5 in Rock krawler lift front clamps came off the driveshaft boot is it time to put new clamps in or upgrade to bigger driveshaft.

Rb1boxer_3

Probably about that time for a new driveshaft especially since it's the stock and almost 10 years old. You don't want it breaking on you.

JohnnyWest

Get a new shaft. They're not that expensive and you'll be pissed if the stock one goes on you while on a run. I had one go in the middle of the Mojave Trail and had to remove it and finish the run in 2wd.

ttfhell

Drive it until it goes. You can drive without the boot for a long time until it gets so dirty it it fails.

scull20

I've got my stock from shaft in the garage off my 2014 JKUR auto...if it'll fit on your 07 and you want it, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

Lone Ranger

Thanks for all the info guys and I think driveshafts run with the years of the jeep 2007-2011 and then 2012-2016 but thanks though.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I ran mine torn for a looong time but eventually changed it just because I didn't want it to finally die on the trail

AU Bronc N JK

Just upgrade it. I tore mine and grease was spun all Over the underside of the jeep for a few weeks. Pain to clean up but JE Reel1350 driveshaft is much more reassurance!

Just upgrade it. I tore mine and grease was spun all Over the underside of the jeep for a few weeks. Pain to clean up but JE Reel1350 driveshaft is much more reassurance!

Good choice! I just had the same exact shaft put in when I went to 3.5" of lift this week. Nothing better than the assurance of knowing you are set.

Lone Ranger

If I happened to upgrade my driveshaft to a better one is there any that would work with the EVO Bolt on Coilovers and my current 2.5 in lift?

AU Bronc N JK

I'm using JE reel's 1350 front and rear driveshafts with the evo coilovers. The coilovers don't have any impact on driveshaft choice.

Top Bottom