2016 hard/ soft top question

trexburn

I'm about to order a new 4 door and I was thinking of getting the hard top only then getting an after market soft top because I like the looks of those better. So my question is if I just get the hard top will it have everything I will need for an aftermarket soft top as far as mounting and connecting. I've never had a hard top or even rode in one.

mo0s3

I believe the parts have to be purchased,I know that with my hard top I would have to add a lot of extra parts. I don't see why a soft top that you purchase wouldn't have the required parts tho. You can always run a spider shade as well :)
I have been eyeing a off-road heroes cargo soft top but the shipping is insane as well as the wait time.
Good luck on your decision man and grats on the new 4 door .

Napalm

If you purchase an aftermarket soft top such as one from Bestop, it will come with everything you need to get it put on and running on your Jeep. Bestop is actually currently running a $50 rebate promotion with the purchase of a Trektop NX.

The hardtop does not use the same mounting type as a soft top.

spencerd45

Also keep in mind, in some ways it's better to get the hardtop off the bat due to the wiring and washer fluid hoses for the rear wiper that comes with a hardtop. Just in case you would ever want to go back to a hard top

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
You could always get the dual top setup straight from Chrysler when you get the jeep. I went hardtop and run a spiderweb shade.

MattMc

If you purchase an aftermarket soft top such as one from Bestop, it will come with everything you need to get it put on and running on your Jeep. Bestop is actually currently running a $50 rebate promotion with the purchase of a Trektop NX.

The hardtop does not use the same mounting type as a soft top.

Does this include the ugly ass door surround things? The plastic part around the rear doors?

uberc4

I ran into this issue when ordering my jeep. Ended up going with the dual top since I couldn't make up my mind. Lol

I recently picked up a JKU with the hard top only from the dealer and bought my soft top (Bestop Supertop NX) aftermarket. If you end up going with an aftermarket Bestop, just make sure that you get the full top and NOT the 'Replace a Top'. The full top version will come with all the bows, surrounds, brackets, etc. that you need to install the top.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Another option is to buy a used one off CL. It's common to find a new or slightly used OEM tops for $500 - $700. I recently purchased a one year old (used three months) premium twill four door top for $500 and couldn't be happier!

Dopey84

Buy the dual top combo definitely your best choice... Even though I sold my hardtop and now just run bestop trektop nx... Much easier in the end... And in my opinion better looking ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465134716.970841.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465134783.183542.jpg

Top Bottom