Headlamps

Mark_O

So I've searched and searched for a solution to no avail. This is my first Jeep Cherokee and first vehicle that isn't a sports car and so far I've loved it.

The headlights that were on the vehicle were an eBay HID kit with no proper housing for them and they didn't work properly so I ordered stock headlights and ripped out the eBay system.

The stock headlight plugs were pretty beat up and on the driver side, it was completely shattered (yeah, I know) so I went to Autozone, bought new plugs and after observing how they were wired I soldered the new ones in.

When I plugged in the new headlamps the driver side works perfectly. But the passenger side doesn't have low beams.

I ripped apart my soldering and placed the bare wire on the headlamp in different combinations to see if I wired it up wrong with no luck.

I don't have good electrical knowledge so it's is weird to me that with EVERY SINGLE combination I tried I had the same result, no low beams but high beams work...

I'm thinking there's a break in the wire for the low beams somewhere? And I'm wondering if there's a possibility to buy a new OEM wiring harness and see if that works.

I'm not really looking to upgrade the existing wiring harness because I'm just looking to keep the stock ones as I am going to add a ton of LEDs all over the place in the future anyways.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

GatorSchop

What year is your Cherokee? Is it a Grand Cherokee or a XJ?
I will look up the wiring and try to help you out with checking the circuit as to what could be the problem.

Frydaddy

While youre at it, you might as well wire in some bypass relays.
A few years ago, I used some 12 gauge wire straight from the battery and an automatic breaker to some cube relays. The thicker wire removes line voltage losses. I wired it up so that that the High would keep the Low on as well. But that later turned out to be a bad idea as the cheap Chinese lenses would crack with the extra heat.

This shot was halfway through the surgery. Some wire loom cleaned it all up

323050_10150965581660627_1164677894_o.jpg

Top Bottom