Wheel alignment

rogerk93

So when I did my lift I did an alignment myself using Eddie's write up but after some time wheeling my alignment was off. Me being lazy I took it to a alignment shop and this was the results. But when I took an angle measure and placed it on top of my ball joints the number was 4.6° the paper they gave me says it's off

Attachments

• 1465222061066.jpg
    1465222061066.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 177

WJCO

Meme King
Is your vehicle parked on a level surface when you measure it? What lift did you go with? How much lift and did it come with adjustable arms?

rogerk93

Is your vehicle parked on a level surface when you measure it? What lift did you go with? How much lift and did it come with adjustable arms?

Yes the ground was leveled I put the angle finder on the ground first to make sure it was also I have a 4inch currie lift adjustable arms and all

WJCO

Meme King
I would then rely on your measurements moreso than the shop. Sounds like you did everything right. You could always check it on the other side too (which should be the same) and again follow the right up and check it on the front of the pumpkin by the cover and compare your reading to the write up.

Truthfully with 2 degrees of caster, that thing would be all over the road. Any of those type of symptoms?

rogerk93

I would then rely on your measurements moreso than the shop. Sounds like you did everything right. You could always check it on the other side too (which should be the same) and again follow the right up and check it on the front of the pumpkin by the cover and compare your reading to the write up.

Truthfully with 2 degrees of caster, that thing would be all over the road. Any of those type of symptoms?

No it holds a line pretty decent. I do have a lifted Jeep on 37's so it does have a little sway if it hits a bump or rides dip in the rode but that's normal. Also my front driveshaft is at a rough angle as is because it is stock for now. If I Increase caster angle I would get a lot of vibration.

Top Bottom