Jeep Jk Nav Unit 430N

dbierman

I added the traffic subscription to my package yesterday but didn't see any traffic updates on my way to work today. Does this unit work with traffic updates or just the Travel Links?

I did call on my way in and had the system send a refresh signal.

This is a 2013 Rubicon.

dbierman

That's ridiculous, My $100 Garmin unit came with lifetime maps and traffic updates but this $1000 unit you have to pay for map updates and no traffic.

I have a 430N in my JK, I'm waiting for a new navigation head unit and then I'm going to burn mine.

Literally hate this thing with all of my fury.

But at least the hard drive is useless.

Dreadedsoldier

I have the same head unit and my Nav actually crashed in February. Gave me a pop up saying "no map data available" The dealer replaced my hu 2 months later with a reman. Now it will randomly reset the equalizer settings for some reason and it is turned off when I get in the Jeep i.e. Is just on clock instead of being on sat when I turned it off. Long story short it's not the greatest but I'm under warranty and actually have a "date" with the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say if you want. As soon as I'm out of warranty I'll but a better head unit. Till then I'll keep bugging the dealer to fix it.

1magine

I have a 430N in my JK, I'm waiting for a new navigation head unit and then I'm going to burn mine.

If you haven't tossed it on a funeral pyre yet, would you consider selling? I'm always looking for used 430N head units 2014 and newer.

Godspeed409

Same. My Nav broke last month. Still waiting on a replacement head unit.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
The 430N is a huge waste of money. I got it but only because it was already installed. Welcome to the radios of 2005!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have the 430N and haven't had any issues. I will admit though I don't use it to it's full potential. I looked before purchasing the jeep and the 430n seemed to be better than the 730 based off of what people were saying. Plus it was cheaper so I went with it. I really didn't like the looks of the non touch screen radios which was why I went with the 430n. I could've went aftermarket I guess but didn't have the extra cash at time of purchase so another reason I wanted a touch screen from the factory.

I have a bunch of songs on the hard drive and I love that feature because I have a crap ton of songs on my phone and it won't take anymore. I really need to get an iPod. I listen to my phone a lot but used the songs on the hard drive a lot last summer when we went to Colorado so that my phone didn't die. I freakin hate having cords everywhere, like charging cords and aux cords etc. I've always been like that. Even in high school I ran the cord for the radar detector behind the A pillar trim and then hard wired it into the ignition so you never seen a cord and so it would turn off with the key. I always hid speaker and amp wires under trim or carpet. So I really like the blue tooth feature of the radio.

I honestly haven't used the nav much. For one we don't travel much, lol. Even when we do travel I still look at a map or a map on the computer and try my best to study and plan the route. I think some of that gets back to when I had a motorcycle. I was only good for 100-150 miles and then I would need to get off and walk around and usually go to the bathroom. So I would always try to plan for that ahead of time. I rarely used any GPS/nav for that.

Top Bottom