Kill Switch

Hey guys!

Okay so the topic today is Kill switches, my keys recently got stolen and ever since I'm alittle scared about my jeep getting stolen I do have half doors and a soft top which are almost never on my jeep. So it's always in the back only my mind. I was curious if aanyone has a kill switch in their jeep? What they connected it too? Where you put it? I really appreciate any advice on the topic!

Thanks!

If you do a search there are a bunch of posts on this topic. The general consensus being that there is no way to bypass the sentry key system that Chrysler uses so why bother. I personally am a believer that if it has wheels that a thief will find a way to steal it.

That being said... Many who have installed kill switches in their vehicles prefer to use a hidden switch inside the cab within easy reach that is either wired to the starter or fuel circuits.

Ginz

From experience, if they want it, they are going to get it. Today most newer cars are stolen with tow trucks. Most people don't look twice, or assume you are getting repo'd. Takes about 5 seconds to hook up and poof, they're gone.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Hey guys!

Okay so the topic today is Kill switches, my keys recently got stolen and ever since I'm alittle scared about my jeep getting stolen I do have half doors and a soft top which are almost never on my jeep. So it's always in the back only my mind. I was curious if aanyone has a kill switch in their jeep? What they connected it too? Where you put it? I really appreciate any advice on the topic!

Thanks!

Why don't you just get it rekeyed by the insurance company?

If you really want a kill switch the best ones are setup so you use 2 fingers to complete the circuit between 2 existing screws in the jeep. They are kind of annoying and people will look at you funny for always putting your hand under the dash when you turn the key but they are very hard to find.

JeepJeep75

From experience, if they want it, they are going to get it. Today most newer cars are stolen with tow trucks. Most people don't look twice, or assume you are getting repo'd. Takes about 5 seconds to hook up and poof, they're gone.

This!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Think about it, when was the last time you saw a tow truck hooking someone's vehicle and asked the driver what was going on? If someone wants your ride, they're gonna get it.

Top Bottom