Custom .50 cal. Hood latches.

Rubicrush

So I wanted some sort of custom hood hold down latches since the factory ones are boring. Couldn't find anything I liked that wasn't ridiculously expensive. So made some instead. Used inert .50 cal. rounds then drilled them, polished them, and clear coated them. trying to stick with the Oscar Mike theme and because it looks pretty cool IMO. Anyway check out the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20160607_165104294.jpg
    IMG_20160607_165104294.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:

BLCK4X4

So I wanted some sort of custom hood hold down latches since the factory ones are boring. Couldn't find anything I liked that wasn't ridiculously expensive. So made some instead. Used inert .50 cal. rounds to kinda stick with the Oscar Mike theme and because it looks pretty cool IMO. Anyway check out the pic.

How much are you going to charge per set? LOL
I want to be first in line!!

jolly

looks badass!

I wonder how they hold up after a few months outside. The brass probably gets quite dark? Or did you polish and finish them with something.

303jkpatriot

So I wanted some sort of custom hood hold down latches since the factory ones are boring. Couldn't find anything I liked that wasn't ridiculously expensive. So made some instead. Used inert .50 cal. rounds to kinda stick with the Oscar Mike theme and because it looks pretty cool IMO. Anyway check out the pic.
Those turned out awesome Rubicrush! Good work!

Jmjnewbold

Those look awesome!! If only there was a way to adjust how snug the hood would be to the body. Keep us all up-dated so we see how they hold up to the elements!! Hopefully you finished them in something to keep the brass shiny!!

Top Bottom