2008 Jeep Wrangler want 2012 to 2016 seats

kgxi08

I have been thinking of porting some seats from a newer jk, Rubicon or just a newer higher trim than I have know, has any done this before?

Pyro1415

2008 Jeep jk 2door

I looked into this with my 10' it's just not worth it. You can order custom seats and brackets and spend the same if not less. Plus it would be safer, unless someone's made a simple bracket since the last time I checked.

kgxi08

I looked into this with my 10' it's just not worth it. You can order custom seats and brackets and spend the same if not less. Plus it would be safer, unless someone's made a simple bracket since the last time I checked.

Thanks for that man I have a '08 and I just figured well I could upgrade the comfort a little bit. But I saw katskins seem pretty nice.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks for that man I have a '08 and I just figured well I could upgrade the comfort a little bit. But I saw katskins seem pretty nice.

katskins are just covers and don't add any comfort. I'd go to an upholstery shop and have then refoam/add foam and webbing under the seat to help reinforce the seats.

I did this on my 2010 and the seats are so much better now. fyi, I had the shop remove some seat foam and add 2" of firmer foam. better support and comfort and price was right

kgxi08

katskins are just covers and don't add any comfort. I'd go to an upholstery shop and have then refoam/add foam and webbing under the seat to help reinforce the seats.

I did this on my 2010 and the seats are so much better now. fyi, I had the shop remove some seat foam and add 2" of firmer foam. better support and comfort and price was right

Thanks for your info man. I figured you would need some new foam something much better and supportive. Do you have katskins?

ScoobyCarolanNC

I've spent sometime on this idea lately too. Honestly, if you look close at the pictures of Katzkin interiors on the web, even their own site they don't look like a terrific fit. For $2500 for leather I'd like it to be a bit better looking & since I've never really seen one in person I'm wondering just what quality that leather even is. Rubitrux is a builder here in NC & they have full rubicon interiors for sale that they took off for Alea leather which is like Katzkin but looks nicer.

kgxi08

I've spent sometime on this idea lately too. Honestly, if you look close at the pictures of Katzkin interiors on the web, even their own site they don't look like a terrific fit. For $2500 for leather I'd like it to be a bit better looking & since I've never really seen one in person I'm wondering just what quality that leather even is. Rubitrux is a builder here in NC & they have full rubicon interiors for sale that they took off for Alea leather which is like Katzkin but looks nicer.

Yea I thought so too they didn't really look that great and even though I've been to plenty of jeep shows I never seen katskins in person. Gonna have to check out the Rubitrux!

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks for your info man. I figured you would need some new foam something much better and supportive. Do you have katskins?

i have katskins but have never put them on (only 1 head cover lol) - biggest reason is my daughter likes the cloth cause it doesn't get as hot as the leather.

We have leather in the Toyota and those seats get hot as hell.

I've seen good installs that have a great fit and poor installs where the fit didn't look right, I think it comes down to how much effort you put into stretching the fit to make them look good.

FishsJK

Just do bartact seat covers.. I installed these on my 2 Dr front seats the rear is removed of course and it's one of my favorite mods! They are so comfortable and make a world of difference on our crappy seats

kgxi08

Just do bartact seat covers.. I installed these on my 2 Dr front seats the rear is removed of course and it's one of my favorite mods! They are so comfortable and make a world of difference on our crappy seats

Ight man I'll check them out do you have a link?

FishsJK

Www.bartact.com their old name was trek armor there's plenty of YouTube videos explaining how awesome they are... The price is 300 for the fronts but man I promise you they're worth it.

Www.bartact.com their old name was trek armor there's plenty of YouTube videos explaining how awesome they are... The price is 300 for the fronts but man I promise you they're worth it.

I got front and rear bartact in my jku. They are awesome and I highly recommend them. Easy to install...just trim your fingernails beforehand. Lots of pulling and prying. Tight fit.

Eezybreezy08

This sounds like a awesome idea and I'm gonna look into this myself.
Also, this is one reason I love this forum, I honestly don't hardly ever have to ask a question, because someone has already done it or will do. Thanks for all yalls good info

kgxi08

This sounds like a awesome idea and I'm gonna look into this myself.
Also, this is one reason I love this forum, I honestly don't hardly ever have to ask a question, because someone has already done it or will do. Thanks for all yalls good info

Boom there it is! Jeep Love jeep family lol.

gbanks

I did it, I have a 2009 Sahara and purchased seats from a 2014 Wrangler that had 22K on it. Happy with the purchase and no regrets.
jk seats.jpg
jk seats 2.jpg
hostile jk 2016.jpg

gbanks

Seats bolted right in all I had to do is switch my wire harness for the drivers seatbelt. :thumb:

Top Bottom