Icon dynamics lift

Ginz

Anyone familiar with this lift or running it? A buddy of mine recommended it, just looking for other opinions. How does it compare to other lifts in the market? Thanks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have heard of them but never seen one on a jeep or even heard of someone running it. Have you rode in his jeep before to see if you even like the way his rides? How bout riding in other people's jeeps with different lifts? If not I suggest you do those first.

CJW

No experience in a jeep but I had their coilovers on my old tundra. Also had their rear add a leafs and rear shocks. I think they were good quality. It did ride a bit stiff though. They're more into making go fast desert stuff than they are rock crawlers. I'd expect it to ride pretty stiff in a JK.....but that's just a guess based on my old truck.

Ginz

I have heard of them but never seen one on a jeep or even heard of someone running it. Have you rode in his jeep before to see if you even like the way his rides? How bout riding in other people's jeeps with different lifts? If not I suggest you do those first.

It's been a while, but yes. Pretty decent ride. I have nothing to compare to though. Everyone else I know is stock. If you go on Instagram look up #yolycon ( it's actually his girlfriends jeep). Pretty sick set up. I'm just keeping my options open, and driving myself nuts until I decide what I want.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have always been curious about their lifts, Steve and I wheeled with a guy before who had their full coilover system and said he was happy with them....then again after how much you spend on that I dont see how you wouldnt be happy (this is subjective and you may like what you spent a ton on no matter what with not having tried something else)

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have always been curious about their lifts, Steve and I wheeled with a guy before who had their full coilover system and said he was happy with them....then again after how much you spend on that I dont see how you wouldnt be happy.

If I remember correctly he said that it cost just as much as the Evo spec kings.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone familiar with this lift or running it? A buddy of mine recommended it, just looking for other opinions. How does it compare to other lifts in the market? Thanks

Did your buddy say why he would recommend it? Based on anything specific?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was more.

From what I have seen, a LOT more. They make nice looking stuff but there's a lot of other good options out there that cost less and I think that's a big reason why you don't see may of their kits out there.

Ginz

Did your buddy say why he would recommend it? Based on anything specific?

Not really. He told me that's what he has, and that he recommends it. Nothing specific. Then again I guess I didn't really ask. I'll talk to him more about it today.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not really. He told me that's what he has, and that he recommends it. Nothing specific. Then again I guess I didn't really ask. I'll talk to him more about it today.

Maybe it'd be better if you asked to go for a ride to see for yourself what you like or don't like about it. Most everyone I've ever met will swear by what they chose to spend their hard earned money on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow the coilover kit is expensive as hell!!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465485156.505176.jpg .
And the 3" system is more than the enforcer when you look at what it has. Yes it comes with shocks but it doesn't look like it comes with arms and other hardware.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465485219.606289.jpg .
The control arms are an option
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465485291.220376.jpg .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Glad you posted that up. I was going to go look for myself as I couldn't remember for sure but clearly, it's what I remembered about them.

Ginz

The 3" I was looking at is about 684 without shocks and they say that an exhaust spacer is required. That's why I'm asking. It's almost double what the RE 2.5 costs. I'm pretty much convinced on going with bilstein for shocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 3" I was looking at is about 684 without shocks and they say that an exhaust spacer is required. That's why I'm asking. It's almost double what the RE 2.5 costs. I'm pretty much convinced on going with bilstein for shocks.

How big of a tire are you hoping to run?

Ginz

Maybe it'd be better if you asked to go for a ride to see for yourself what you like or don't like about it. Most everyone I've ever met will swear by what they chose to spend their hard earned money on.

Ain't that the truth! That's why I'm asking so much before I spend my hard earned money lol I've ridden in theirs a few times. From what I remember, it's not too much harder of a ride than stock, but I'll take your advice and take another ride before I make any decision. Unfortunately, as I said before, I don't have much else to compare to in my circle.

How about you all take a trip to Miami so I can ride in all your jeeps and make a more informed choice! Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ain't that the truth! That's why I'm asking so much before I spend my hard earned money lol I've ridden in theirs a few times. From what I remember, it's not too much harder of a ride than stock, but I'll take your advice and take another ride before I make any decision. Unfortunately, as I said before, I don't have much else to compare to in my circle.

How about you all take a trip to Miami so I can ride in all your jeeps and make a more informed choice! Lol

First off, I should note that ride quality is 100% subjective. Second, for my purposes, I personally think the factory ride is shit and whenever I hear someone say that their lift is just like stock, I think to myself, how sad. If you think his lift rides a bit "harder than stock", I personally wouldn't want it but again, that's just me. For me, I want a ride that's more "comfortable" than stock.

I'm pretty set on 35's. It's not my daily driver per se, but when I'm not working it would be my only car.

Okay, that being said, may I suggest that you try and stick with a 2.5" lift. MOST lifts end up yielding WAY MORE lift than what is advertised and a 3" lift that yields closer to 4" is way more than I would recommend for just a set of 35" tires. Unless you like the 1980's sky high look, your center of gravity will be up there and your ride quality will suffer due to your suspension geometry being off.

Ginz

First off, I should note that ride quality is 100% subjective. Second, for my purposes, I personally think the factory ride is shit and whenever I hear someone say that their lift is just like stock, I think to myself, how sad. If you think his lift rides a bit "harder than stock", I personally wouldn't want it but again, that's just me. For me, I want a ride that's more "comfortable" than stock.

Okay, that being said, may I suggest that you try and stick with a 2.5" lift. MOST lifts end up yielding WAY MORE lift than what is advertised and a 3" lift that yields closer to 4" is way more than I would recommend for just a set of 35" tires. Unless you like the 1980's sky high look, your center of gravity will be up there and your ride quality will suffer due to your suspension geometry being off.

Really? I always assumed they would yield less than advertised. Ok that really changes a lot. I think 2.5 it is. I'm still going to take a ride in his, maybe I'm way off on the ride. But I think you've got me convinced. Thanks!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

If you like your factory ride quality I recommend a 2.5" BB for your desired 35s. One with all of the parts is about $300 for the rubber ones and $180 for the steel RC one that I have. Being that you live in FL I recommend the RC one.

Top Bottom